SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

South & West Surfers Just for the guys and gals in the south and south west of the UK.

Old 29-09-08, 08:49 PM   #111
mattSV
Mega Poster

Default Re: R.I.P. Teejey

Great turnout today at the funeral, about 25 or so bikes. The guys that rode with Tim in France recently followed directly behind the hearse - it was entirely appropriate that Tim led his final rideout. The rest of us followed behind the other cars.

The crematorium was absolutely packed, with many of us having to stand outside and listen to the service which was played over the speakers. Never thought I would hear Hi Ho Silver Lining at a funeral however it was not at all out of place.

We then headed off to the wake. Scoobs and I were the first to arrive. Scoobs could not resist the lure of an empty car park , so set off to do a few laps and finish off his chicken strips - Tim (King of Cadnam GP circuit) would have approved. A drink, lots of food, a few more tears and a wee dram followed soon after as we toasted one of the nicest blokes I have ever had the pleasure of meeting.

Scoobs and I then had a good ride home in the cool, dark air, at just the sort of pace that Teejey would have appreciated.

Rest in peace buddy.
2013 - 2016 Triumph Explorer 1200
2016 - Ducati Multistrada DVT S

Last edited by mattSV; 29-09-08 at 09:09 PM.
mattSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-08, 09:07 PM   #112
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattSV View Post
one of the nicest blokes I have ever had the pleasure of meeting.
He definately was. Rest in peace Tim.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-08, 09:35 PM   #113
ninja bobw

Quote:
Great turnout today at the funeral, about 25 or so bikes. The guys that rode with Tim in France recently followed directly behind the hearse - it was entirely appropriate that Tim led his final rideout. The rest of us followed behind the other cars.

The crematorium was absolutely packed, with many of us having to stand outside and listen to the service which was played over the speakers. Never thought I would hear Hi Ho Silver Lining at a funeral however it was not at all out of place.

We then headed off to the wake. Scoobs and I were the first to arrive. Scoobs could not resist the lure of an empty car park , so set off to do a few laps and finish off his chicken strips - Tim (King of Cadnam GP circuit) would have approved. A drink, lots of food, a few more tears and a wee dram followed soon after as we toasted one of the nicest blokes I have ever had the pleasure of meeting.

Scoobs and I then had a good ride home in the cool, dark air, at just the sort of pace that Teejey would have appreciated.

Rest in peace buddy.

Well said sums up the day perfectly.The turnout at the crematorium was overwhelming as to how many lives Tim had touched.An honour to have known him.
Old 30-09-08, 09:22 AM   #114
NigelK2B12

As far as funerals go this was about as good as it gets. A great send off for a great bloke.
I know you all attended as a mark of respect for TeeJay but I think a special thanks ought to go to those of you who attended from out of the area, the family really appreciated your attendance.
And to everyone who nailed the throttle at the crem. from Emma and Kate a huge thank you, it's just what they wanted.
R.I.P. mate you will always be with us on the rides
Old 02-10-08, 07:44 PM   #115
markxxleather

Quote:

Rest in peace buddy.
Nice one Matt, sorry i couldnt be with you on the trip back, some one had to finish the whisky (hic it would have been expect by my late night awning drinking partner hic)

Always Remembered
Old 10-10-08, 09:15 PM   #116
monty81

R.I.P Teejey

Condolences to family and friends
Old 04-11-08, 03:34 PM   #117
mrsgid

never knew you i gather gid did so wanted to say rip from a biker family. carry on riding in the clouds say hi to my bro for me he died 4 years ago in a car accident wrapped his car round a tree. condolances to his family.
Old 06-11-08, 10:31 PM   #118
Sally

A bit late, but condolences to the family and friends, hope theyre doing ok.

RIP Tee-Jay.
Old 09-11-08, 07:24 PM   #119
philbut

Oh man, only just seen this thread. i don't venture out of the TV section much. really sad to hear about yet another biker who went out for a ride and didn't return home. Sounds like he was a well loved fella on here. My thoughts go out to his familly and friends.

RIP man.
Old 09-11-08, 10:49 PM   #120
Richie
fantabulas
Mega Poster

on this day of Remembrance , Tim.. RIP, bud. we'll meet up again soon and blast the cobwebs from the angels harps with the sound of V-twin thunder...

Catch you laters..