SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 25-09-08, 10:06 AM   #1
boo86

Default BMC race RS open top. How ?

Hi guys. How do I get my hands on a BMC race RS with the open top ? I don't need a jet kit or anything else, just the filter. There must be a way !Factory do them as part of a kit, JHS do them as part of a kit. I've got jets.
I suppose I could buy a BMC race from anywhere and get busy with the kitchen knife like I did to my street (see pic) But I was hoping for something a little tidyer.

Cheers guys.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC06802.JPG (50.5 KB, 5 views)
Old 25-09-08, 10:16 AM   #2
Dappa D

Default Re: BMC race RS open top. How ?

hey boo....

im sure ive read somewhere that Yorkie chris or northwind contacted JHS and explained that they already had the jet kit but had damaged the filter so only needed the filter and they provided one...i may be wrong but im pretty sure fella....

did u try bigger jets yet out of interest???

oh also.....is this what your looking????!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg My Filter.jpg (122.3 KB, 8 views)
Old 25-09-08, 10:22 AM   #3
boo86

Yes, the one you've got !! That's what I'm after. It seems mine and yours have different filter elements.

I've put the 160s in but not tried it yet. I need another track day or race. I've got some 165s and 170s coming too. I may need to the 170s as I might run this (see pic) it's got mesh in the bottom. 60 holes per inch so it's pretty fine. I'm gonna have to get some dyno time and see what's what.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC06813.JPG (56.1 KB, 5 views)
Old 25-09-08, 10:31 AM   #4
Dappa D

cool id be interested how urs runs with the 160's, obviously differently set up bikes but mine feels good at 160.

yea different elements hopefully whoever it was that sorted one without the kit will be along shortly to confirm....

i must admit i got very lucky with mine...£30 posted froma guy frome here who at the time believed it to be a BMC road (which i also thoght at the time....)....was very lucky....
Old 25-09-08, 10:44 AM   #5
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

T'was northwind, I got my RS from SVrash secondhand.
Old 25-09-08, 10:59 AM   #6
Dappa D

ahh new t'was one or the other...yc you were right about me not putting the plunger back correctly..is sorted now!!
Old 25-09-08, 11:04 AM   #7
Geoffrey

Dangerous Dave has sourced a BMC RS for my son, he did say they are only available from JHS or BMC as kits but as I said we have the filter only from him.
Old 25-09-08, 12:54 PM   #8
northwind
Mega Poster

JHS sold me one, no probs. No idea if my lie was neccesary or not but James had previously refused to sell one seperately, now it seems to be less of a problem. I imagine they're harder to shift these days. Factory Pro have them as well and would probably sell them if you used the same like

(interestingly, both JHS and Factory Pro claim that the filter is their exclusive and that nobody else has them)
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-08, 01:26 PM   #9
boo86

yeah there's less curvies around all the time. the pointy is taking over !!
My last race meeting, Croft in August there was 2 curvies, me and another guy. and about 35 pointies. I don't need to tell you which were fastest. Actually the er6s were !
Old 25-09-08, 03:53 PM   #10
boo86

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwind View Post
JHS sold me one, no probs. No idea if my lie was neccesary or not but James had previously refused to sell one seperately, now it seems to be less of a problem. I imagine they're harder to shift these days. Factory Pro have them as well and would probably sell them if you used the same like

(interestingly, both JHS and Factory Pro claim that the filter is their exclusive and that nobody else has them)

How much did you pay ?