SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

2010 Annual Rideout Discussions & info on the 2010 SV650.org's annual rideout

Old 15-07-10, 09:15 AM   #21
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

Default Re: newbies or those thinking of coming to AR but dont know anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf1234 View Post
I have to admit that's why I aren't coming. I am in the minority coming from York, and have never been to one of the meetings before. I would really like to, but always have the nagging doubt about not knowing anyone. Unfortunatley I have left this too late now, and I am away with work, but I think I will defo make it my priority to attend the next one. I have been a member of the site long enough to get my **** in gear.

Massive shame it's too late for you this time, but yes, do what you can to get to meets and get togethers, they really will become highlights of your year!
Old 15-07-10, 09:17 AM   #22
danf1234
Mega Poster

I know, its not as though I am shy or anything lol. I could kick myself for not organising to come. Unfortunately I will be in Switzerland with work. Gutted.

I have made myself a promise to make the next one.
Old 15-07-10, 09:21 AM   #23
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

In fact, I think it is safe to say that while most people on this forum became friends through the forum and we all have our own lives outside of it, other groups of friends etc....we all really look forward to the AR each year.

It's just the best kind of weekend you can imagine and the two that I have been to so far have been absolutely fantastic.

If you look at how early after last years AR peoples thoughts turned to this years, you'll get an idea of how much we all look forward to them. We just enjoy them so much, we can't wait to look forward to the next one.
Old 15-07-10, 09:24 AM   #24
danf1234
Mega Poster

What are the big meetings for the org. Obviously the AR, but what was the GM????? where some people went off round SKYE?
Old 15-07-10, 09:26 AM   #25
_Stretchie_
Large Member
Mega Poster

[QUOTE=chris8886;2319619]
Quote:
Originally Posted by staceylew01 View Post
Well to be honest, i didnt need that much persuading, although i havent been riding that long and ive only been on one rideout, i am really nervous bout coming on my own, but excited at the same time.
Well your Avatar says you are only in Abergavenny so only down the road from the AR site (Hay-on-Wye) so you could always nip back home if you don't like us

Do you go to the bus stop on your bike?

I'm sure some of us could meet you there before the AR sometime to just say hi. Would offer to meet up with you on the way to the AR but me and Grunty and a couple others are heading up on the Thursday to start setting up

Look right-> <-Look Left
_Stretchie_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-10, 09:28 AM   #26
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

Almost all regional sections do their own little weekends away at some point during the year. Doesn't matter id you are from that area or not as you'll be wlecome at any of them. Us surfers from the south west are having one end of august if you fancy that, just go to the south west sufers section.

Each year there is usually a North Wales rideout which gets decent numbers. The GM is the annual Scottish rideout which also gets great numbers. Keep your eye open and join in. Put up a thread in your local section and see what comes from it. You could organise a weekend camping or just a days rideout

Last edited by gruntygiggles; 15-07-10 at 09:33 AM.
gruntygiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-10, 09:34 AM   #27
danf1234
Mega Poster

I really fancy the Scotland GM thing. I climbed Ben Nevis while training for the 3 peaks and fell in love with whole area.

I am 34 and travelled all over the world, and last year was the first time I have been to Scotland.
Old 15-07-10, 09:36 AM   #28
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

Quote:
I really fancy the Scotland GM thing. I climbed Ben Nevis while training for the 3 peaks and fell in love with whole area.

I am 34 and travelled all over the world, and last year was the first time I have been to Scotland.
WHAT??? You realised then that sometimes the best things are on your doorstep

I love scotland and I hope Dan and I can do the GM next year and maybe tie it in with a holiday. It's a beautiful place. Then obviously, being from Wales, I love the scenery there, especially the coast.
Old 15-07-10, 10:37 AM   #29
Quiff Wichard
Mega Poster

Quote:
I have to admit that's why I aren't coming. I am in the minority coming from York, and have never been to one of the meetings before. I would really like to, but always have the nagging doubt about not knowing anyone. Unfortunatley I have left this too late now, and I am away with work, but I think I will defo make it my priority to attend the next one. I have been a member of the site long enough to get my **** in gear.

awwww

Paul the 6th lives in York !!

you should come to one at least .. I know you working this year..

I think new folk see the same names on here and the banter etc and think they will be left out.. but its not like that ..

for example..

if you are good looking or reasonable looking. or just breathing and a newbie.. BEAR will make a bee line for you and initiate you.. ... he does that to the girls too..
Old 15-07-10, 10:38 AM   #30
Quiff Wichard
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceylew01 View Post
Well to be honest, i didnt need that much persuading, although i havent been riding that long and ive only been on one rideout, i am really nervous bout coming on my own, but excited at the same time.
cant you ride in with some of the folks from your way >> ?

as soon as you arrive you will be so pleased you came.. you wont be alone..