SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 18-12-06, 09:38 AM   #1
SV650S_DUB

Default Beautifully executed curvy SV modifying/serious tweaking

Morning all,

I'm not sure if this particular much modified curvy SV650S has been pegged up here before, at least I've not clocked it, so I figured it's weel worth a view. Simply wonderful piece of work, a labour of love I'm sure.

Old 18-12-06, 09:42 AM   #2
Jelster

Ooh, many years ago there was a guy in the US modifying his SV with an MV tail and single sided swinger, there's some pictures in the gallery somewhere, it was yellow then. That looks very very tastefully done, a stuning example, and a great colour too.

Old 18-12-06, 09:45 AM   #3
K

Nice ****, shame about the face.
Old 18-12-06, 11:04 AM   #4
Ceri JC

Very nice. Only thing I don't like is the straight edge at the bottom of the headlight fairing; looks a bit "sportsbike with lowers ripped off". Still very pretty, mind.
Old 18-12-06, 11:05 AM   #5
thor

I really like that colour.
Old 18-12-06, 11:07 AM   #6
Davies

Yep, it's this bloke

http://forums.sv650.org/viewtopic.php?t=49128

Really interesting how he made the tank. Apparently you can buy a carbon one for the SV for around $1000 which would save you around 4kg in weight......or you could just go on a diet
Old 18-12-06, 01:11 PM   #7
Razor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceri JC
Very nice. Only thing I don't like is the straight edge at the bottom of the headlight fairing; looks a bit "sportsbike with lowers ripped off". Still very pretty, mind.
+1 on that.
Old 18-12-06, 01:14 PM   #8
Scoobs
Vipers Pillion Bitch
Mega Poster

As a front end, it looks nice. As a back end it looks ok, but stick the two together and I don't think it works.

Scoobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-06, 01:32 PM   #9
andy

Underneath all that money and love, it is still only an SV......
Old 18-12-06, 05:32 PM   #10
tygaboy

Well, since it's my bike, I suppose I should weigh in.
To all comments pro and con, I say 'thanks!'. In the end, she's my baby, I built her for me and I love her.
That said, I totally agree that the lower edge of the fairing is not 'right'. It's not as straight as the photos make it look but the section between the lower edge of the vent and the bottom edge of the fairing isn't deep enough and it looks a bit out of balance. It wasn't as obvious before it was painted. And I'm no designer (be nice...) so it's a 'live and learn" thing. I really like the 1/2 fairing style and I want to keep that sort of look.

The good news is that I can just make another set of side panels, change the shape, make new molds and build a new upper fairing! That's what winter time is for, isn't it? I also think I may build a full set of bodywork and a naked light set up. Make it a '3-way convertible' - ride whichever bike strikes my fancy that day. Naked, 1/2 of full fairing...

And to the comment that it's still just an SV? Yep, it is, but it's MY SV!

Keep the cards and letters coming.
Chris