SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 18-04-09, 10:06 PM   #1
Milky Bar Kid

Default Rant

Ok, I'm going to rant. Because I feel the need. If you wish to comment in a positive manner, and not moan at me, then feel free to do so. If you wish to be mean or shoot me down for some reason, don't. I feel bad enough, just click the cross on the top right hand side.

Why do people need to pry all the time? Yeah, probably the whole reason I can't sleep is 'cause I won't talk to people but that's not going to change over night. Every other time I have put my trust into someone they have gone and shattered and I have been left feeling worse in the end.

Tonight's catalyst has been something pretty minor. I have seen a guy once recently and told my pal. She asked another one of her pals to find out if they knew them. That was ok. So tonight she texts me and asks me who exactly is. She's only discovered she's DISTANTLY related. Which she found out from asking her mother...which means, being from a farming community, his whole family is going to find out. I'm really annoyed.

I know it's maybe really silly but I'm a private person. I haven't even told my own mother about it. I never tell people about these things because then they constantly ask questions. When are you meeting him, hows things going with you and so and so? Then there is people put expectations on you. They criticise you when you bottle it and back out before things get serious, telling you you've made a mistake.

I think maybe I am about to burst. Going to stop typing before I get hysterical...
Old 18-04-09, 10:09 PM   #2
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Default Re: Rant

Know what you mean precisely MBK. Chin up and do what's best for you, ignore the curtain twitchers.
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-09, 10:11 PM   #3
zsv650

ehh cant understand the main point your trying to get at.
Old 18-04-09, 10:16 PM   #4
pookie

well I wouldnt stress too much about it until you get asked loads of questions..also from what I read is that its going to be his family that he will have to deal with. Dont think you can change peoples behaviour and their nosey nature. Just make sure it doesnt effect your own happiness.
Now - 2010 Triton blue sv650s -Back to the future
pookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-09, 10:19 PM   #5
Milky Bar Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsv650 View Post
ehh cant understand the main point your trying to get at.
Ok, it might not make total sense, I was verging on hysterics.

The person who has done the blabbing is the person who is trying to get me to open up. I'm on the verge of cracking up through not sleeping. But then she goes and blabs about something minor. How's that gonna help me open up?

The other thing is, I don't like telling people about prospective relationships cos then you get loads of people asking questions all the time. And then there is an expectation put on you to make things work and be nice to the person. The last guy I went out with was lovely but he was too much and everyone at me all the time made it worse and then I started resentinng him and then I had to say goodbye. Then everyone, including my closest friedns said that they thought I had made a mistake. I hate disappointing people.

That explain it a bit betteR?
Old 18-04-09, 10:21 PM   #6
Venom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckypants View Post
Know what you mean precisely MBK. Chin up and do what's best for you, ignore the curtain twitchers.
+1

There's nothing wrong with being a intensely private person, MBK.
Old 18-04-09, 10:21 PM   #7
zsv650

tell her to mind her own feckin business just do what you gotta do it's your life at the end of the day.
Old 18-04-09, 10:25 PM   #8
Magnum

Have polite words with the people involved and just ask them nicely to leave you to your business. I dont know anyone personally who would take this the wrong way, and therefore none of your friends/mum should either. Tell them how you feel about keeping things to yourself (this helps you talk about your feelings more as well)
Good luck, and i hope it all pans out well for you.
Old 18-04-09, 10:27 PM   #9
Milky Bar Kid

This thread is about as much as I open up to anyone! Feel privilidged?
Old 18-04-09, 10:27 PM   #10
Razor

Jus' 'member 3 peeps can keep a secret, jus' so long as 2 of them is dead.