SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 31-10-07, 06:31 PM   #1
rob13

Default Clutch levers?

Im typing in pain at the moment as I think I've sprained my wrist this afternoon. Just pulled up to wait for a mate and put my foot down which slipped on some wet ground. Next thing the bike has tipped beyond the point of no return. Tried to save it but had bulky winter gloves on and just couldnt hold it. Knackered my wrist up but managed to lay the bike down without dropping it. Rested onto the R&G bung (which has no marks on it at all) and the clutch lever which now looks like a Pazzo 3 finger! Its bent round so can it be straightened out or do I need a new un?
Old 31-10-07, 06:54 PM   #2
Aiki

Default Re: Clutch levers?

if it's steel then you could bend it back, if its alloy then it's likely to snap, although given that it bent in the drop and not snapped then it's probably steel and should bend back.
Old 31-10-07, 07:03 PM   #3
Biker_Billy

Quote:
Originally Posted by robchester View Post
Im typing in pain at the moment as I think I've sprained my wrist this afternoon. Just pulled up to wait for a mate and put my foot down which slipped on some wet ground. Next thing the bike has tipped beyond the point of no return. Tried to save it but had bulky winter gloves on and just couldnt hold it. Knackered my wrist up but managed to lay the bike down without dropping it. Rested onto the R&G bung (which has no marks on it at all) and the clutch lever which now looks like a Pazzo 3 finger! Its bent round so can it be straightened out or do I need a new un?

I thought new uns were only a tenner or so...maybe a hunt in the for sale section might turn up something?

Billy.
Old 31-10-07, 07:06 PM   #4
Biker_Billy

Coolgirl is letting one go or a fiver...
http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=99174
Old 31-10-07, 09:00 PM   #5
rob13

Billy I beat you too it - pmed her. Thanks for looking though
Old 01-11-07, 04:27 PM   #6
Biker_Billy

No probs - hope you get it sorted....

And sorry to hear of your off...
Old 01-11-07, 06:30 PM   #7
kwak zzr

you could warm the alloy with a blow torch and try easing it back into position, might do as a good spare.