SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 20-12-19, 09:06 PM   #1
Redrose

Default 2009 SV won't prime and have CHEC light?

I was adjusting the clutch at the front sprocket the other day and when I was piecing everything back together, it would no longer start. I'm unsure if I knocked anything etc.

When I turn on the ignition, the dash lights up as usual, the tachometer's needle doesn't move (unless I disconnect the battery and reconnect it, which it then goes to 7k rpm and back to 0 only the once). The fuel pump doesn't prime. After about 3 seconds I get a CHEC light. I haven't accidentally forgot about the kill switch, the sidestand switch i'm sure is fine as is the clutch switch.

If I try and start it while pulling in the clutch, nothing happens (no cranking). Just my headlights go dim/off. When I tested the voltage from the battery terminals, I got an extra 0.10V as I pressed in the starter button.

I have tested the clutch switch itself for continuity and that was fine. I also tested the killswitch which was fine. I tested the sidestand switch and didn't get a beep, but I got some numbers on the multimeter which I assume is the resistance of the circuit (as i tested it from the male plug that normally plugs into the female end under the tank).

I have tested all fuses and they're fine. I have also tried a battery out of an R6 to no avail.

I also can't seem to get into the dealer mode when bridging the 2 pins, I just have CHEC displayed.
Redrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-19, 08:27 AM   #2
shiftin_gear98

Default Re: 2009 SV won't prime and have CHEC light?

OK just read that properly, so not an accidental on kill switch. What about the starter relay? However I hate electrics, and ain't that good with them, hopefully someone with more knowledge will be along shortly. Good luck.

Last edited by shiftin_gear98; 21-12-19 at 08:36 AM.
shiftin_gear98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-19, 01:08 PM   #3
Redrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftin_gear98 View Post
OK just read that properly, so not an accidental on kill switch. What about the starter relay? However I hate electrics, and ain't that good with them, hopefully someone with more knowledge will be along shortly. Good luck.
Ahaha no worries. I don’t know how to check it? And I’m somewhat the same. I just don’t have the knowledge about it.
Old 21-12-19, 01:32 PM   #4
Redrose

SO! All fixed. Turns out this bike has an alarm/immobiliser that I was not aware of.
Old 21-12-19, 01:45 PM   #5
glang

according to the manual (admittedly not the one for your bike) it can only be the kill switch, ignition fuse or a connection between ECU and speedo unit that brings up CHEC. This will not bring up any fault codes...
glang is offline   Reply With Quote