SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 13-10-10, 09:53 PM   #1
Matts-Yokes

Default What a load of crock!

Last edited by Matts-Yokes; 21-10-10 at 12:03 PM.
Old 13-10-10, 09:56 PM   #2
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: What a load of crock!

if you are on about what i think you are, then its up to you if you give a discount or not?
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-10, 10:00 PM   #3
speedplay

As they say, "the doors not locked" try the gixxer site or the blade site for business.
I know you give the guys here discount, but your still running a business and advertising (essentially) on here.
Admin has the last say so bitching will really get you nowhere.

We are not a democracy.
Old 13-10-10, 10:02 PM   #4
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

So you're giving us such a discount in the hope that we'll recommend you to our mates cos you're such a decent guy. right?

I would go about it a bit differently TBH.
Old 13-10-10, 10:04 PM   #5
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Matt with respect. I think you have misinterpreted the PM you received.

I will place it here in public as I was copied in on what John the site admin and owner sent you

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin
Matt,
Regarding your latest post http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=154076

This strikes me as a trade ad and I would appreciate it if you run it past me or the mods first before posting in future.

The reason I ask this is because I'm trying to protect the site from chancers who just sign up to flog their wares and have little interest in the SV or bikes. I know that doesn't apply to you.

The Mods are under instructions to remove trade ads when they see them unless they have a ok from me. They won't get an okay from me unless I've seen the ad or been told about it by the poster.

In this case the Mods have spotted the Ad and are asking me if I've been approached. I've told them to leave this one and said I'd drop you a PM

Hope you understand where I'm coming from.

Thanks

John
So as you can see

1. Nobody has asked you to stop posting
2. Nobody has asked you to stop asking our members for help with templates and sizes etc.
3. Nobody has asksed you not give away freebies in return for the help you have had.

All we have asked you to do in order to remove any confusion or risk of your trade adverts being removed is to run any posts or threads selling your product(s) or service past John the site admin and owner first.

If you dont do this, theres a risk that your threads will get identified as an un-authorised trade seller by a member of the moderating team and then they will be deleted. A Situation that I am sure that you dont want.

If you dont feel able to follow that process, that of course is up to you.

I'm not sure where the impression has come from that John has told you that we dont want you to use the forum to advertise on here or offer our forum members your discount.

I'm happy to discuss this in public, out in the open, no hidden PM's no hidden messages, in order that we can try and sort this out amicably.

Please can we keep it to this thread though rather than keep starting new ones.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-10, 10:07 PM   #6
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Should we buy from our american cousin instead, at least he just throws teddy in private

Enjoy the ride
Old 13-10-10, 10:13 PM   #7
Bibio
Mega Poster

fair play.

if there was no rule on advertising then the forum would be overrun with all sorts flogging their wares.

i think matt gesture was for the good of the members, but rules are rules. i think 'ask and ye shall receive' is not to unfair.
Old 13-10-10, 10:30 PM   #8
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Fact is you had PM from John... you could have said "sorry, was actually just wanting dimensions but will be sure to check next time before posting"
Instead you have flown of handle about nothing and made yourself look a c**t in front of all your customers.

Look, go read that PM a few more times "I would appreciate it".... "the reason for this" .... that is very different from someone who is laying down the law to you telling you you're not allowed to do things for no good reason.

Last edited by yorkie_chris; 13-10-10 at 10:31 PM.
yorkie_chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-10, 10:31 PM   #9
Bibio
Mega Poster

yes but you are a business. a quick PM to admin and all is well. i think we all understand the gesture. but you will be profiting from the information (thats why you are in business).

personally i think the gesture was nice. but rules are rules m8.
Old 13-10-10, 10:33 PM   #10
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matts-Yokes View Post
Its up to you, im fed up with bothering, im not effing advertising, i was asking for help on dimensions..
Which nobody has a problem with you doing as I explained to you above.

Nowhere in the PM that John sent you, does it ask you not to ask the forum for help with dimensions. I'll repeat again we arent saying you cant use the forum to advertise your goods / services / ask for dimensions. A point that it seems to me you are now either missing or over looking.

It was this thread offering headlights for sale

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=154076

that started this off, not as you seem to think the thread you posted asking for dimensions.

It got reported in the moderators corner as an unauthorised trade advert which is why we asked you to drop John a PM before you ADVERTISE any further goods or services on the forum. John has taken great pains to explain why we have a policy of not allowing any old trader to come along on here and post away, he also explained that he doesnt consider you to be somebody unsrupulous or of that nature.

You are correct offering 25% discount is a great benefit to our members. Nobodies asking you to stop doing that.

Personally I dont think what you have been asked to do is as unreasonable as you are making it out to be. I also think that with respect you've got the wrong end of the stick.

So to clarify again

1. Carry on using the forum if you need help or dimensions or whatever, you dont need to ask permission from an admin to make a request to get some sizes or dimensions for something you are looking to design and manufacture, we arent despite what you seem to think, actually that petty.
2. If you decide that you wish to continue to offer discount to forum users, thats brilliant
3. If you decide that you want to use the forum to advertise your services or goods, thats brilliant

You are however much you dress it up, using the forum to advertise for free, a service that many other forums charge for, or simply prohbit. Just because you offer a large discount, doesnt mean that rules, or simple courtesy to the admin or moderating team doesnt apply to you. I wander what the cost of a trade ad in a magazine would be that would allow you to reach such a wide consumer / potential market as you have at your fingertips here.

Is it to much to ask you to simply drop John or myself a PM saying

"I have some stuff to sell, I have put a thread up"

I personally dont think we are being unreasonable here.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition

Last edited by fizzwheel; 13-10-10 at 11:02 PM.
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote