SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 21-06-08, 12:52 PM   #1
thelostboy

Default Beowulf exhausts / Suzuki warranty?

I bought a brand new K8 a couple of weeks ago and am already giving into the temptation of changing the can! I quite fancy a Beowulf http://beowulf-performance-products.....asp?catid=201

I have searched on and read most of the previous Beowulf threads, I just wondered if anyone knew how this will affect the warranty on my new bike if i have this fitted? Also if anyone has any new praise/horror stories about Beowulf, please feel free to add too!

Cheers guys and gals
Old 21-06-08, 01:04 PM   #2
Rich
Mega Poster

Default Re: Beowulf exhausts / Suzuki warranty?

When i changed mine at it's first service i was told the only thing that lost its warranty was the exhaust system, i thought i could live with that so i changed it. Best ask your dealer first though they might have different ideas!!

Rich
Old 21-06-08, 04:48 PM   #3
Dangerous Dave

If they were to be technical then yes it would void the warranty, but reports of that are uncommon especially with Suzuki (not so uncommon with Italian cousins though unless its an official accessory). As 'Uber' said, at most it will effect the warranty of your exhaust which to be honest isn't that much of an issue.
Old 22-06-08, 02:02 AM   #4
xXBADGERXx

The Beowulf Warrior was going to be my can of choice as its Triangular shape fitted well with the frame cutouts on the pointy ..... that was until I was offered a Scorpion Street Extreme in Titanium
Old 24-06-08, 02:33 PM   #5
sv_to_gsxr

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelostboy View Post
I bought a brand new K8 a couple of weeks ago and am already giving into the temptation of changing the can! I quite fancy a Beowulf http://beowulf-performance-products.....asp?catid=201

I have searched on and read most of the previous Beowulf threads, I just wondered if anyone knew how this will affect the warranty on my new bike if i have this fitted? Also if anyone has any new praise/horror stories about Beowulf, please feel free to add too!

Cheers guys and gals
I got one on my K7, sound amazing and well made for a great price.

Warranty should be fine, not like owt will do wrong with a Sv neway