SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 24-06-08, 10:02 PM   #1
Rog

Default Ive gone and bought a trumpet

Ok, today I have joined the trumpet club by buying a triumph 675 06 plate. It was a complete impulse buy although I have been thinking about one for two years if that makes sense ? Pick it up next Wednesday. I is smiling like a smiley thing.

Any tips from the other trumpeters on the org would be most welcome.

Piccies soon
Old 24-06-08, 10:11 PM   #2
Ed

Default Re: Ive gone and bought a trumpet

Congrats!! Awesome bike. What tyres does it have? Storage space is non-existent, so travel light. Keep an eye on the oil level. Fit a gel seat, the stock one is a plank. Otherwise - haven't had any problems with mine, I'm a happy bunny.

Tips - try not to be too smug, it don't go down too well
Old 24-06-08, 10:19 PM   #3
Treacle

Lol What Ed says. Its an awsome bike mate. Im sure Paws will be along soon to tell you all about it. Have fun it great little bike.
Old 24-06-08, 10:25 PM   #4
Paws

join the triumph675.net site, im still running my baby in!
Old 25-06-08, 01:42 AM   #5
lukemillar
Mega Poster

There will soon be more 675 owners on here than SV owners!

As had been said before they are fantastic bikes - I love mine. Oil level on mine hasn't moved in the last 1000kms.

Usual questions are things like crash bungs. I think most of us on here are using either GB Racing or GSG's. Pretty much the same design, but they use a mounting block so you don't have to cut your fairing Engine case covers/bungs are also a good idea as they will touch down if you lay the bike down.

What colour?
#24 - Honda VFR400R NC30
lukemillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-08, 06:40 AM   #6
Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paws View Post
join the triumph675.net site, im still running my baby in!
What, still? Ride the damn thing
Old 25-06-08, 11:40 AM   #7
cmonkey

Welcome to the 675 club Rog. Be prepared for lots of smiles per hour on your new toy! 2 months and 1500 miles after getting mine and I still can't stop smiling every time I ride it. Do a track day on it (Mallory should be pretty close to you) to find out why so many people rate it so highly and to see just what the bike is really capable of. As Luke said, a full set of crash protection from GB racing will run you at just over £300 but gives piece of mind and is well worth it IMO.

Unless your only 5 feet tall then I would strongly suggest a double bubble screen as well, as the stock item offers very little wind protection unless you ride curled up like a foetus all the time! I've got a powerbronze on mine and it's made a world of difference to high speed riding.

Other than that enjoy the bike, it's an awesome piece of kit. This is one purchase I guarantee you wont regret.
Old 25-06-08, 12:19 PM   #8
ArtyLady

Should have gone for a saxophone instead...far more sexy

Enjoy your Trumpet - my hubby loves his Sprint RS (loved his Daytona 955 even more and wishes he had kept it )
Old 25-06-08, 12:30 PM   #9
Lozzo

I loved my Daytona 955i SE, and having ridden a few 675s I'd buy one if I was in the market for a more modern sports bike. In fact, there's only a couple of Triumphs I really don't like, and they are mainly made for the US market.
Old 25-06-08, 12:43 PM   #10
stewie

Good one, maybe we should have our own section enjoy the bike.