SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 10-02-21, 06:05 PM   #9221
Seeker
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig380 View Post
Oooof, sorry to hear that. They probably gave you nitrous oxide, it is fun while it lasts.
it was green, or at least the dispenser and vial were. The doc took out a vial and dispenser, poured (injected?) the vial into the dispenser which looked like a cross between a vape gizmo and an airbrush gun. I had to breathe in through my mouth, out via the nose. Initially, it took my breath away but as you got used to it all your cares went as did any inhibitions on recounting darker areas of your past. I used to make model aircraft fuel as a teen which required (don't laugh) anesthetic ether and amyl nitrite (aka "poppers") - I was 14 btw. This chemical had that kind of smell - they wouldn't let me have a prescription.
Old 10-02-21, 06:18 PM   #9222
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Blimey Seeker, sorry to hear about your fall! Hope you mend quickly.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-21, 06:20 PM   #9223
Seeker
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by garynortheast View Post
Blimey Seeker, sorry to hear about your fall! Hope you mend quickly.
thanks, everyone, for the good wishes.
Old 10-02-21, 07:49 PM   #9224
Bibio
Mega Poster

the Scottish Government informed me by post today that i will have to opt out of organ and tissue donation by registering..... ermm do they even know what the word donation means. this is beyond a fukirn joke.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-21, 11:16 PM   #9225
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
the Scottish Government informed me by post today that i will have to opt out of organ and tissue donation by registering..... ermm do they even know what the word donation means. this is beyond a fukirn joke.
England did that about 13 years ago - they can't possibly be ahead of Scotland on something can they?!

I get your grievance Bibs but how many people that WANT to donate find 5 mins to do it when the last thing they think will happen is they'll die the next day. The only people who give it thought are those with death on the radar... and who wants those organs?!

I'm normally an opt in kind of guy but this is one where it makes sense to opt out, if you have that strong a view you will. If you're passive or want to donate it it means you get your wish that you might not have otherwise found the time to do.

Especially good news for us road rash enthusiasts.
Old 11-02-21, 07:24 AM   #9226
shiftin_gear98

Seeker - mend well.
Old 11-02-21, 12:41 PM   #9227
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave20046 View Post
England did that about 13 years ago - they can't possibly be ahead of Scotland on something can they?!

I get your grievance Bibs but how many people that WANT to donate find 5 mins to do it when the last thing they think will happen is they'll die the next day. The only people who give it thought are those with death on the radar... and who wants those organs?!

I'm normally an opt in kind of guy but this is one where it makes sense to opt out, if you have that strong a view you will. If you're passive or want to donate it it means you get your wish that you might not have otherwise found the time to do.

so the Gov now own our bodies when we die. fair doos then they should be responsible for the funeral.

privatisation of the NHS is coming very very soon which means that the public will pay for organ transplants but the private health will not need to pay for the organs.

we the public should not need to out out of anything.
Old 11-02-21, 12:56 PM   #9228
DJ123
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
so the Gov now own our bodies when we die. fair doos then they should be responsible for the funeral.

privatisation of the NHS is coming very very soon which means that the public will pay for organ transplants but the private health will not need to pay for the organs.

we the public should not need to out out of anything.
So when you, your family or friends need an organ and you don't believe in donating, you won't take one? And will leave it to someone who will donate theirs when they're gone.

The only thing i wouldn't donate is eyes. The rest of it they can have to help others live. I don't need them when i'm dead.

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-21, 02:26 PM   #9229
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave20046 View Post

IIRC the opt out / presumed consent was only introduced in England last year, Wales have had it for a while though, wonder if Sheep and cows can opt out of steak and kidney pies ?

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-21, 02:29 PM   #9230
Bibio
Mega Poster

i dont mind donating my organs if i choose too but being forced to donate unless i take time out to opt out is not a donation this constitutes as mandatory.

i as a member of the public should not need to opt out of anything.