SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 26-10-09, 12:57 PM   #1
blueto

Default if i brought somehting like this

then could someone who knows about bike electrcis wire it up to my triumph?

Linky

im not fussed if it costs alot just want to know if it can be done and what is required to do it
Old 26-10-09, 01:15 PM   #2
plowsie

Default Re: if i brought somehting like this

Not a lot mate. Did it to my CBR pretty easily. What does it have that your Trumph, does not have?

EDIT: I had a 3510, I think.

Last edited by plowsie; 26-10-09 at 01:17 PM.
Old 26-10-09, 01:18 PM   #3
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Pet hate that.
Spelling bought as brought is irritating, saying brought instead of bought makes me want to bite the offenders nose off.

Generally easy enough, but I'd ask on t595.net to see if there's some complication like the clocks being multiplexed with the ECU or whatever. I think it should be relatively easy though.

Bear in mind some of those aftermarket dashes aren't very waterproof.
Old 26-10-09, 01:19 PM   #4
Wideboy
Evel Knievel
Mega Poster

Brought? why where are you taking it?

05 DRZ400E
RIP hovis
Wideboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-09, 01:22 PM   #5
Wideboy
Evel Knievel
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkie_chris View Post
Pet hate that.
Spelling bought as brought is irritating, saying brought instead of bought makes me want to bite the offenders nose off.
Lol

05 DRZ400E
RIP hovis
Wideboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-09, 01:28 PM   #6
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

seriously guys...are we gonna turn each and every thread into a grammar and spelling issue before we move on to addressing the question posed?

If you understand the point being made then please let it go and move on. We've had plenty of spelling and grammar threads on the forum recently, if you come across a pet peeve of your then how about resurecting one of thos threads and posting it in their instead of making the OP a point of ridicule.

I've said it before and and i'll say it again....THIS IS NOT SCHOOL, WE ARE NOT HERE TO BE JUDGED BY OUR SPELLING OR GRAMMAR, WE ARE A NICE BUNCH WHO GET ALONG AND AS LONG AS WE ALL UNDERSTAND EACH OTHER AND DONT RESORT TO TEXT SPK 4 A HOLE PST DEN DERS NO ISSUE, OK.

I really am getting tired of it.

For the record, i too have some pet peeves like people saying " i would of.." instead of "i would have" but you dont see me pulling people up about it all the time do you?

So please either cut it out or dont answer the thread at all if it bothers you that much. I know most of it is tongue in cheek but when almost every thread i look at has a degree of it in it it just gets very very tiresome.

And if anyone is thinking of quoting my post and pointing out spelling or grammar mistakes, feel free but get ready to get some points for it.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-09, 01:35 PM   #7
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

I figure I'm perfectly justified in telling people their spelling annoys me if I'm going to make a useful reply at the same time.
Old 26-10-09, 01:39 PM   #8
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

not aimed entirely at you YC, just happened to be this thread at this time that made me post that.

if you figure thats the case then dont be surprised that i figure it my right to edit posts as i please too.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-09, 02:10 PM   #9
blueto

thanks......

so can anyone wire up. i looked on t595.net but find the forum a bit messy to navigate around.

Plowsie do these work of the normal speedo do you know or is there aything else required.

Waterproof not an issue for me YC as i dont ride in the rain.........My bike should tell you that
Old 26-10-09, 02:13 PM   #10
Alpinestarhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
seriously guys...are we gonna turn each and every thread into a grammar and spelling issue before we move on to addressing the question posed?

If you understand the point being made then please let it go and move on. We've had plenty of spelling and grammar threads on the forum recently, if you come across a pet peeve of your then how about resurecting one of thos threads and posting it in their instead of making the OP a point of ridicule.

I've said it before and and i'll say it again....THIS IS NOT SCHOOL, WE ARE NOT HERE TO BE JUDGED BY OUR SPELLING OR GRAMMAR, WE ARE A NICE BUNCH WHO GET ALONG AND AS LONG AS WE ALL UNDERSTAND EACH OTHER AND DONT RESORT TO TEXT SPK 4 A HOLE PST DEN DERS NO ISSUE, OK.

I really am getting tired of it.

For the record, i too have some pet peeves like people saying " i would of.." instead of "i would have" but you dont see me pulling people up about it all the time do you?

So please either cut it out or dont answer the thread at all if it bothers you that much. I know most of it is tongue in cheek but when almost every thread i look at has a degree of it in it it just gets very very tiresome.

And if anyone is thinking of quoting my post and pointing out spelling or grammar mistakes, feel free but get ready to get some points for it.
You remain my hero