SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 05-10-04, 11:23 PM   #1
Round

Default Should I adjust my levers or not? - Confused

Hi guys, first post here after lurking for a month since buying my K2 SV650 Naked (Black of course). I have been reading around the place that you should move your brake & clutch levers to a comfortable angle, basically so that your wrist is in line with your arm.

But...

When I do this with my SV the brake fluid reservior is tilted back at such an angle that it appears to be almost empty, I.E. Very little fluid showing in the window, and I would say (I haven't tried yet) that if I were to try to take the top off to fill it there would be fluid everywhere (Oo-er! )!

So, is this safe? Should I put it back where it was? Am I doing it wrong? Do I have to straighten it back up to fill it? What's the story?

Thanks
Sean
Old 06-10-04, 12:42 PM   #2
BaggaZee

Sounds like you're moving things way too far!
Are you sitting on the tank / pillion seat?
Are you 3 / 9 feet tall?
Sorry, couldn't resist. I'd say adjust in small increments and try it for a while, small changes make quite a difference!

Welcome by the way.
Nice bike, although a fairing and a paint job would improve it no end!
Old 06-10-04, 01:06 PM   #3
Cronos

Agree. Go for small adjustments until it's comfortable. Your shouldn't really have much need to adjust it much as it's generally the agressive riding position of the faired model that causes wrist-ache.