SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 20-08-09, 01:29 AM   #1
SV-net

Default Abandon child to social

Well we are at our wits end, even having discussed if a child can be literally pushed through the doors of the social services with a note of abandonment. Its nearly 2.30 am again and we are all awake and I am soon not going to be able to function at work which will put my job at risk. Then its everything lost. This is me on a really low ebb, a very very rare thing.
Sorry for the personal rant, just need a sound off before I go a tear up the neighbourhood in the cage like a demented teenager.
Old 20-08-09, 04:04 AM   #2
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: Abandon child to social

are you talking about your child?
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-09, 05:29 AM   #3
Red Herring
Mega Poster

How old is she........
Red Herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-09, 07:11 AM   #4
Bri w

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV-net View Post
Well we are at our wits end, even having discussed if a child can be literally pushed through the doors of the social services with a note of abandonment. Its nearly 2.30 am again and we are all awake and I am soon not going to be able to function at work which will put my job at risk. Then its everything lost. This is me on a really low ebb, a very very rare thing.
Sorry for the personal rant, just need a sound off before I go a tear up the neighbourhood in the cage like a demented teenager.
Our eldest, now 26, gave us 4 nights sleep in the first 18 months - it was hell. It was cholic, so almost constant crying.

She's now a Barrister with the Dti, and a fab person.

How did we get thro' it?

Make best use of all the available services. Set up a support network within the family so between you you all you get some decent sleep - sleep makes the world of difference. And try and sleep when the young 'en sleeps - whatever you're doing, if they drop off stop doing what you're doing and get your head down.

Good luck

Currently - Fighting the urge... seen a nice Triumph America

Previously - Honda CB125, Honda CB400-4 & BSA B40, Moto Guzzi 850, Yamaha RD250, Suzuki GT380, Kawasaki Z1B, Kawasaki Z650, Honda VFR, Triumph Street Triple R.
Bri w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-09, 08:49 AM   #5
mcsmarts

best advise must be an email to madonna....
Old 20-08-09, 08:55 AM   #6
timwilky
Mega Poster

As they say what age?

Youngest daughter gave us so much trouble that the police would say good luck when they would bring her home at 3 in the morning.

We pleaded for help from social services who had no interest.
Old 20-08-09, 08:57 AM   #7
Speedy Claire

You`re too vague... is this your child or another child causing you the problems?
Old 20-08-09, 09:09 AM   #8
SV-net

My child 6 years old, its vague but it was early hours.
However, added problems she is autistic and cannot communicate. So disabled too top it all off. Sorry for my outburst last night.
My family is non existant, my wifes family are not interested. the only person who could and did help was the mother in law who sadly passed away 2 years ago.
And pretty much all the rest of family have turned away and left us to get on with it. Its such a shame because we were once a really happy household. The Mrs even asked me to leave saying "it's not fair this has wrecked both our lives, you should leave with my blessing because there is still hope for you". What a predicament eh?

Again sorry for the outburst.
Old 20-08-09, 09:18 AM   #9
Speedy Claire

Don`t apologise, you obv need to let off steam. I can`t begin to imagine how you both must feel but it must be serious if your wife has given you permission to leave. Obviously i`m sure you`ll both stay together to support each other.

I`m sure you`ve been down all avenues and have asked social services for help. My first thought is what are the chances of your child going into respite care for a couple of weeks to give you and your wife a total break and time to recharge your batteries?
Old 20-08-09, 09:20 AM   #10
Speedy Claire

Doing a quick web search I see there are quite a few schools specifically catering for autism... some are even residential. Does your little girl attend a school such as this where you would (I imagine) get support and advice?