SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 18-12-18, 02:15 PM   #1
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Default Belly pan refurb / primer+paint recommendations

As title, does anyone have any experience or recommendations of any particular brand of spray paint primer? Needs to be the flexible type apparently. For a belly pan. The belly pan appears to fibreglass from the inside but might be two layers with something else (plastic?) externally. I need to sand it back and do a bit more investigation. Then it needs some small repairs and filling.

Also, overcoat... currently looking at just getting a pearlescent black and clearcoat from Halfords as it's affordable (£8+£ compared to just the Nebular Black from Suzuki being £30 per can + clear coat. Has anyone used Halfords spray cans?

It's only an old belly pan that will be low down and mostly hidden but I'd still like to fix it up and get a decent finish on it.
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote