SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 30-06-08, 04:14 PM   #1
DarrenSV650S
Mega Poster

Default RST Voltage Leathers

I'm seriously considering getting some RST Voltage leather trousers. Possibly the jacket too. Does anyone have any experience or comments on what they are like? Comfort, weather protection, safety etc

Many thanks for any input
DarrenSV650S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-08, 08:13 PM   #2
ranathari

Default Re: RST Voltage Leathers

I have the RST Voltage jacket (no trousers yet until I can find the money) and it's alright. It's a decent fit and the armour is well integrated without being too bulky, although I tend to find the left shoulder armour digs into my skin a little when I'm wearing a backpack. There's one or two loose threads where the leather joins the fabric on the inner arms, which is a little worrying although I feel confident that it'll hold up in a big impact. Thermal lining does a decent job in all weather except Winter and the perforations keep you nice and cool in the summer. Styling is nice and subdued in black although the coloured ones are tacky as hell.

I've crashed in it once (50mph highside on a RH bend) and the jacket held up fine: had friction burns on one side but the shoulder armour took the impact without letting anything through and the leather has a few grazes.

It's a good jacket for the money and it's worth buying if you can't stretch to more expensive leathers. There's a matching pair of RST Voltage gloves, which I'd avoid like the plague because the stitching's terrible - the velcro's separated from the leather, the strap on the back of the hands has fallen into two, the panels on the fingers are starting to separate etc. Definitely worth finding a different pair of double-cuffed gloves to go with the Voltage jacket.
Old 30-06-08, 08:30 PM   #3
Wideboy
Evel Knievel
Mega Poster

i little off track but i have RST propelle (spelling) leathers and the quality of them are crap, only good this about mine is they are relatively water proof

05 DRZ400E
RIP hovis
Wideboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-10, 01:12 AM   #4
thinone

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenSV650S View Post
I'm seriously considering getting some RST Voltage leather trousers. Possibly the jacket too. Does anyone have any experience or comments on what they are like? Comfort, weather protection, safety etc

Many thanks for any input
mr ebay here - I bought a 2 pc RST Voltage suit off ebay - the quality of both jkt and trs was fantastic - almost jummy. Both were eu56 which in normal terms would be 38" waist and 46 chest but RST sizing seems very narrow in this 2 pc more like 44 chest 36 waist - I could do them up if I was a statue - so tey went back in ebay and won my money plus back

Undetered - I go to buy a 1pc in eu 56 again and guess what.....

NO! they are spot on - super fit and look great too

pity i have wide feet otherwise I would bu some RST boots t match - now on the looks for extra wide fitting boots as not only i have LARGE feet - but also bandanged from toes to heel to knee - re another injury - which is gonna be on for another 3 months so looking for WIDE boots - at present the only boots I can get on are 14h steelcaps DOCS - not really sprts boots but they afford some protection and better than trainers - UNLESS you know of a make I could naybe get into??
Old 21-06-10, 01:23 AM   #5
davepreston

oxtar/ tcx boots are cracking for us big hoffed gits
hth
Old 21-06-10, 01:38 AM   #6
thinone

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepreston View Post
oxtar/ tcx boots are cracking for us big hoffed gits
hth
hoofed?
Old 21-06-10, 03:19 AM   #7
davepreston

us with stupidly big feet
Old 21-06-10, 09:15 AM   #8
thinone

aye HOOFed, although I am sure there must be 1 million lads out there hobbling home every night trying to wear those italian shaped narrow fashion boots which I wish I could wear - Sidi/ alpinestars
at present it is the 3 layer bandaging that really puts a stop to wearing anything that looks great - think I might try HG and go along and see if I can get anything on at all
Old 21-06-10, 05:41 PM   #9
ranathari

I doubt the original poster is still looking for feedback on RST leathers 2 years after he first posted the thread, you know...
Old 22-06-10, 12:25 AM   #10
thinone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranathari View Post
I doubt the original poster is still looking for feedback on RST leathers 2 years after he first posted the thread, you know...
no but others might be