SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Rideouts & Meetings Arrange get togethers and rideouts

Old 02-07-07, 08:28 AM   #31
Baph

Default Re: Ar 07½

Quote:
Originally Posted by K View Post
There is a difference Baph - The Annual Event is, for want of a better term, an 'SV650.org' organised event...

... the North/South is a good example of a Regional event. Organised by a few folks from one region to go play in another region's backyard.

You may say "what's in a name?" - but sometimes it can mean a lot, in differnet ways, to different people.
My point is that those putting forward the idea of "AR07 & half" are simply calling it that.

If folks want to arrange a get together with/without camping, fine by me. I know how much just a ride takes to oganise, so whoever wants the burden is welcome to arrange things. Those that can make it will make it, those that can't, won't.

If those arranging it want to refer to is as "Annual" anything, that's up to them. However, if they're arranging an "annual" event then they had better be prepared to put the same effort in next year for the event they started. If not, it'd be a poor choice of name.

I just don't see why we should argue over names.
Old 02-07-07, 08:37 AM   #32
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baph View Post
I just don't see why we should argue over names.
I didnt think we were...

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-07, 08:38 AM   #33
valleyboy

Right, the south west surfers lot are arranging a weekend at Llangorse lake up Brecon/Abergavenny way, the plan is then to go to the Elan valley for a run for the day, the weekend chosen so far is the 4/5th August.....

So this is YOUR invitation... its easy to get too.. only a few miles down the road from Abergavenny... if you dont know where Abergavenny is, you havent been on any real biking roads yet....

THIS IS YOUR INVITATION... so get on with it!
Old 02-07-07, 08:42 AM   #34
valleyboy

P.S.
I will arrange a route for this, and then attempt to get that up online... already got it planned in my head, just a case of putting it in electronic format now!

Get your arses moving!
Old 02-07-07, 09:47 AM   #35
hovis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baph View Post
My point is that those putting forward the idea of "AR07 & half" are simply calling it that.

that would be me

ok so perhaps i should have titled the thread somthing else, but you get the point, as quite a few people did not make it, why not do another one............... call it what you want?
Old 02-07-07, 10:11 AM   #36
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleyboy View Post
Right, the south west surfers lot are arranging a weekend at Llangorse lake up Brecon/Abergavenny way, the plan is then to go to the Elan valley for a run for the day, the weekend chosen so far is the 4/5th August.....

So this is YOUR invitation... its easy to get too.. only a few miles down the road from Abergavenny... if you dont know where Abergavenny is, you havent been on any real biking roads yet....

VB, I may pop down for this. I'm undecided at the moment about doing this AND the North Wales run (proposed for the 8-9 Sept), but I suppose with a month to seperate them, it wouldn't be too bad.

I'll sort my plans out & see what free time I have that weekend.
Old 02-07-07, 10:46 AM   #37
jamessunhill

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleyboy View Post

I could be tempted by this too. Sounds good.
Old 02-07-07, 11:42 AM   #38
valleyboy

http://www.lakeside-holidays.net/

Thats the campsite we will be staying at...

There are some places already booked as ar as I am aware, so tehre are spaces to fill... they were booked by a member of this site (not me) so will find out how many spaces there are... then people can buy them off him, and the rest of you can book places yourselves....
Old 02-07-07, 05:34 PM   #39
valleyboy

P.S. We can now no longer change the venue, or the date as far as I am aware... I have been told we are stuck with it now!

I know this is a tad short notice, but I hope people can make this, for those who couldn't or wouldn't go to the AR for various reasons... this is a chance to sample some of what happens (if enough people turn up!)
Might need volunteers for back markers etc if a sizable number turns out... we will be venturing into the depths of Wales ala Deliverence... so beware the sheep
Old 02-07-07, 07:11 PM   #40
Xan173

I'll speak to Chris the owner tomorrow to find out how many pitches are available.

In the meantime, can those who probably will come please post below so I have some idea of numbers (V, VB, & Beenz already counted).

It'll be £11 per person for the 2 nights camping.