SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 21-03-05, 01:41 PM   #1
Sudoxe

Default RoSPA / Iam

Im thinking of doing some advanced training course, i think I would pefere to go the RoSPA route rather than IAM.

Anyone know any RoSPA trainers in London/Kent area, most of the ones listed on there website aren't doing it anymore

Cheers
Dan
Old 21-03-05, 02:07 PM   #2
Jelster

There is a few of the guys on here using the one based in Ripley, Surrey, just of the A3.

See http://www.wvam.org.uk/

Old 21-03-05, 03:42 PM   #3
greeno76

Hi,

Just out of interest, why have you chosen rospa over IAM?

I'm just about to start IAM with the Middlesex Advanced Motorcyclists in a week or so, so it doesn't make much difference but just curious, really.

Cheers,

Jason
Old 21-03-05, 05:00 PM   #4
Sudoxe

Just the different models.
RoSPA you have to retest ever 3 years if you want to keep the status. - With IAM it's possible to still call yourself an advanced rider after 10years, without any further training (or even rideing)

Few other bits, here and there nothing against either, Just want some advanced training.

On the plus side i can book a RoSPA qualified instructor for a day (At cost though) for 1:1 tuition, etc..

Horses for courses.

Dan