SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 27-01-13, 03:46 PM   #1
ruddlad

Default aa breakdown roadside repair costs??

Quick answers appreciated please.
Call from the wife, car running rough so got aa out to her, suggested HT leads shot and aa confirmed (lucky guess by me lol)

Anyhow, does anyone know what the aa charge to fix, they are on route to a Halfords to get the parts and she asked if they charged??

Spoke to the mechanic and he offered to get the car running again which is what the aa do, but unsure as to what the extent of getting parts and costs involved are etc. etc.

Have relay/roadside and homestart, but not repair cover with them, so the car could have been taken to the nearest Fiat garage if we wanted free of charge. The Halfords store is an eight mile round trip and nearest Fiat garage is 12 miles away.

Thanks in advance.
Old 27-01-13, 03:50 PM   #2
craig dow

Default Re: aa breakdown roadside repair costs??

sure they just charge for the part
Old 27-01-13, 03:58 PM   #3
ruddlad

That's what I thought, though have only ever had a battery from them years back which they carried, as they are making a journey to get the part I wasn't sure if that was chargeable??

Had them out 2 weeks back to my car after losing all braking lights, brake switch faulty but aa would not remove it as "they sometimes explode" (not in a fireball but said some cars have intricate parts and can be a nightmare??) anyhow I did it and it took 1 minute!!

Mentioned this when calling the breakdown in and they apologised and said they'd sort this one out, maybe the journey is there way of restoring confidence in them??
Old 27-01-13, 06:30 PM   #4
Spank86

When I had a battery issue once they only charged for the part, although they did charge a fortune for it.
Old 28-01-13, 09:28 AM   #5
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Driving to Halfrauds in their van is easier/safer than towing the car to Fiat. May get a charge for miles but otherwise it should just be parts, which should be cost price as he's got them in for you and has not been hauling them about for months as just-in-case stock. Have been charged for fuses by the RAC before and the replacement headlight bulb that turned to be the fault. This was years ago mind so current practice may have changed.