SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 22-01-22, 12:53 PM   #11
Seeker
Mega Poster

Default Re: battery

Looks like my battery is throwing in the towel, too. Almost 6 years, 32,000 miles, permanently connected to Oxford 3X optimiser over winter.

Went for a ride 3 days ago and noticed that optimiser's "maintaining" was flashing whereas it should be on solid. Bike started ok, maybe turned over a bit slower but no problems during 30 mile run. On return, the maintaining light flashed for an hour then went solid (it would normally go through this stage in a couple of minutes) and optimiser declared battery was "strong".
Still ok yesterday but today flashing again (we had a colder night).
I've just ordered a new battery.
Old 22-01-22, 07:00 PM   #12
svenrico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
Looks like my battery is throwing in the towel, too. Almost 6 years, 32,000 miles, permanently connected to Oxford 3X optimiser over winter.

Went for a ride 3 days ago and noticed that optimiser's "maintaining" was flashing whereas it should be on solid. Bike started ok, maybe turned over a bit slower but no problems during 30 mile run. On return, the maintaining light flashed for an hour then went solid (it would normally go through this stage in a couple of minutes) and optimiser declared battery was "strong".
Still ok yesterday but today flashing again (we had a colder night).
I've just ordered a new battery.
My battery seems ok now ,but 6 years and 32,000 miles is a decent life for your battery. I wouldn't complain about fitting a new battery after that amount of
use .
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-22, 04:32 PM   #13
Kpr1969

2019 AL9 my battery dead when i went to start it last week, no alarm/tracker or anything. put it on charge, 2 days later still flashing red, didnt have a multimeter so read somewhere on another forum to give it a jump from the car for a few mins.. the battery was boiling within a few minutes and the charger thinks the battery is a 6v battery and its going into maintenance mode. the multimeter has arrived now and its showing 9.2v.. rip that battery, awaiting a new battery now.. hurry up
Kpr1969 is offline   Reply With Quote