SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 05-04-17, 08:30 PM   #3141
yokohama

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

I just love the way it says in full working order apart from the light meter doesn't work and the self timer's broken.
Some bizarrely high prices around. There's an ME Super with 50 mm lens on Gumtree up here for £125
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-17, 08:47 PM   #3142
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Prices do seem high just now. Ensign 820 arrived, looks nice, has a film in it which hopefully I haven't knackered! 1/10 and below are too sticky to use, quicker ones snap but who knows at what speed. It's an Epsilon shutter, apparently when they start to go west it's the slowest speeds first, so it could need a clean but could equally be a bit poorly. It's a bit like the Prontor shutter on your Perkeo kenzie, small lever to cokk it, not a big one that you rotate right around the lens. Struts are pretty simple so will need to be sure they are fully straight in use, they don't really have a way of locking. Glass looks nice, as far a I can tell without being able to see through it! Will blam off the last few frames and might send the film down to you for developing Kenzie, with the Perkeo some day, if you don't mind, there may be nothing on it.
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-17, 06:12 AM   #3143
Kenzie

No worries, I'll always give it a go. Was it 120 or 620 in the end? Or both? I have spotted a Agfa Isolette 3 rangefinder on ebay. It is misspelt and only one bid so will keep an eye on it. Browsing Gumtree lately has thrown up some cameras that are seriously over priced. May be people think as it is old it has value. In some cases they are right, but I have seen Trip 35s listed for £60+.
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-17, 11:28 AM   #3144
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

What lens on the isolette? It's a 120 film I have, I think the camera can use 620 as well. Backing paper looks fairly modern, I tried not to look for too long! Shot the last three frames at ISO100. I actually took a couple of cameras (that and the folding Contessa, which I used for setting the focus scale on the 820) and just went for a walk for an hour, looking for things to point them at. I almost never do that, and the knackered heating etc. was all still waiting for me at home but it was a nice break. I took the Contessa to London yesterday too, shot nothing, but while I was sitting with my colleague outside King's Cross I took it out to show her. When I unfolded it the woman sitting next to her (not with us) couldn't stop staring, trying to figure out what I was holding.
Old 06-04-17, 12:13 PM   #3145
Kenzie

Apotar f4. 5 with Prontor-SV shutter. I get that as well. If I am walking around with a bellows camera unfolded it tends to draw peoples eye. Send it down with the Perkeo and I will have a go. Was it black and white or colour by the way? Will likely buy a C41 kit come pay day. I paid £20 for my ME Super kit.

Sent from my Xperia

Last edited by Kenzie; 06-04-17 at 12:17 PM.
Old 06-04-17, 01:00 PM   #3146
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

No idea, do they use different chemicals for developing? Hopefully once It's out I'll be able to tell from the end paper.
Old 06-04-17, 01:39 PM   #3147
Kenzie

Yes, different chems. I can still develop a colour roll in ID11 but it will come out black and white.

Sent from my Xperia
Old 06-04-17, 07:23 PM   #3148
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Popped the film out of the 820, it's Fuji Super G Plus 100 which apparently is late 90s or so, C41 but also says CN16, if that means anything to you. This is the stuff though in 400 ISO:
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/232283153190
Been able to look through the lens now, looks good, although the rear element was pretty hazy, looks like someone has spent a lot of time with their fingers on it! Some heavy breathing and a cloth hanky has taken most of it off already, hopefully it's not ruined the pics I took today - if they come out at all.
Old 06-04-17, 07:25 PM   #3149
Kenzie

My Ikonta arrived today, along with the Duo 620 and a Kodak Bulls Eye. Was like Christmas again. The Ikonta has a Novar f4.5 lens on the front and could do with a good clean. Someone has made a bracket to mount where the original finder sat and the Weltzer rangefinder has a peg to drop into the bracket with the original finder stuck on top. The rangefinder comes off to allow the camera to open for loading. Will have to be careful not to lose the rangefinder. Both the Ikonta and the Duo have a pin ***** hole in the bellows each. Otherwise looking good. The hood with the Ikonta is a Zeiss piece.
Old 06-04-17, 07:41 PM   #3150
yokohama

Was that your Rock order, the Duo? If so, glad you finally got it.
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote