SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 30-05-20, 11:21 AM   #7091
Kenzie

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

I've seem them in movies but only once in the flesh (photographer at an agricultural show in February had one around his neck for attention) and I just had to have one. The lens may be an f3.5 but the shutter is a compur f4.5, the lens needs cleaning too. I won't even touch the built in shutter until I read the manual, it has multiple curtains at different spaces and different tensions. So two levers and a chart give you a combination shutter speeds depending on how you set it.
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-20, 09:20 PM   #7092
yokohama

That does look quite something.
I don't think I'd have a clue how to operate it.
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-20, 09:23 PM   #7093
Kenzie

Its actually not that difficult once you wrap your head around it. I figured out how the film back works, just need to make sure it is light tight. How are you lot holding up anyway? I'm still off work at the moment.

Sent from my Xperia using Tapatalk
Old 30-05-20, 09:46 PM   #7094
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

I've been working all this time, it's been pretty busy though. I have two colleagues but both have been working from home for a couple of months now, so I'm the only one in. I don't mind too much but the last couple of weeks seem to have been hectic. My wife is working from home but part time hours, and trying to entertain/school our 8 year old, and they don't really go anywhere. They need to get out for more walks etc.
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-20, 07:47 AM   #7095
Kenzie

I still have no idea how long it will be until I go back. I have been getting out for exercise but not as much as I should, can feel that I'm more out of shape than I was at the end of March.

Old 31-05-20, 11:53 AM   #7096
Kenzie

There is an XE-1 on the bay at the moment with faulty electronics, tempted to grab it to use the prism to repair Yoko's copy.

Old 31-05-20, 09:07 PM   #7097
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

I filed some of my photos last night, the prints. A couple of Christmases ago Jen got me two plastic boxes, one for 6x4 and one for 7x5, each has 6 inner boxes that hold 100 prints each. You might remember I got some A4 wallets a while ago for the negatives. So there I am, stacks of them all over the floor, the ones from Peak Imaging, as these are the most recent, and they don't come in a proper wallet. The 7x5 won't fit in the box because they're actually 7.5x5 (other prints from elsewhere do though). I looked at the medium format stuff, no boxes for those, but I can file the negatives. I unfold the plastic thing that holds the strips... to find it's an A4 wallet complete with punched holes, and goes straight in the file. I haven't used a single 120 wallet that I bought as all have gone to Peak for processing. Same with the 35mm, they go straight in the file, so I just needed to put the ones from Asda, Jessops etc. into new wallets. Oh well! At some point I'll need to empty the cupboard that is infested with old pics, at least look through them, they go back to when I was a kid.
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-20, 06:19 AM   #7098
Kenzie

You have just reminded me, I need to order some 35mm negative sheets at some point. I went to do some more filing the other day and found that I had run out.

Old 03-06-20, 11:08 AM   #7099
Kenzie

The batch of film I sent off last week is here. The 110 film from the A110 shows that the camera works, there was a picture taken of staff in a Klic photo store, a shot that I assume was the owners face when they took a shot looking at the camera to see if the shutter was working. Got charged £3 for the 110 process so I will definatley be digging out my Auto 110.
Old 03-06-20, 02:37 PM   #7100
Kenzie

A few scanned shots

Vivitar Ultra Wide and Slim (crappy camera but wide 22mm lens)

OM2n at RAF Museum back in December

Random shot at Landguard Fort in the magazine passage

One from a Konica Pop 10 point and shoot

Last edited by Kenzie; 03-06-20 at 02:40 PM.