SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 30-08-06, 09:45 PM   #1
dazzap

Default Rattling engine

i've had my bike for about a 2 weeks now and i've started hearing a rattling on the bike...i can't say where its coming from cause its not too noticable...but im worried...my mates big ends have just gone from lack of oil...does the rattling mean my bike is a close follower? any advice would be grateful?!?!?!?!?!
Old 30-08-06, 09:47 PM   #2
the white rabbit

Tell us who's your mate and then we'll tell
Old 30-08-06, 09:49 PM   #3
dazzap

my mates on the forum as davido...could pull stand up wheelies on the bp for a while...thats all i think others will know him for lol~!!!!
Old 30-08-06, 09:54 PM   #4
the white rabbit

http://forums.sv650.org/viewtopic.ph...hlight=#641478

http://forums.sv650.org/viewtopic.ph...hlight=#642211

I hope yours is more trivial

Old 30-08-06, 09:57 PM   #5
dazzap

yeah thats him...but 2 reasons...1st i don't wheelie and second i don't wanna wheelie i think its pointless and a bit scary lol...back to the point...the bike has stayed on two wheels so the oil pick up must have a healthy flow of oil...i've checked the oil level in the glass and its been two thirds full for about the last week...i think it might be coming from the gearbox...im not too sure yet...off to a mechanics tomorrow to have it looked at...its under warrenty so all i'll have to pay for is parts!!!!!
Old 30-08-06, 09:59 PM   #6
RandyO

bikes make noise, it's supose to rattle
Old 30-08-06, 10:00 PM   #7
the white rabbit

Cant help you further but someone who knows what they are talking about rather than just a photographic memory of forum threads will no doubt be along to help you soon. Good luck!
Old 30-08-06, 10:01 PM   #8
the white rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyO
bikes make noise, it's supose to rattle
Randy speaks sense. Sure its just not after what happened to you mates?
Old 30-08-06, 10:02 PM   #9
dazzap

cheers...i will hope its nothing major like my friends...he has just been told to look for a new engine...it will set him back about £600...doesn't seem like the best bike for wheeling!!!!! im keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow!!!!!
Old 31-08-06, 07:53 AM   #10
Blazingsvbiker

yeah idd maybe the sv isnt the best bike to wheelie but i also heard a lot of blown engines without wheeling there bike and then ohters that wheelie an sv curvy (2001) for months and still have nothing for probs with the oil

So when i have 1000km's ill do an oil change and iam bback on the road on 1 wheel with regulary checking my oil offcourse !

i think you just have to pay attention to the oil and to the distance of the pulled wheelies . . . i recommend only powerwheelies so you dont abuse your clutch either