SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 20-11-06, 05:58 PM   #1
peanut

Default Commuting Woe

Dear Mr Blue Van Driver,
thank you for stopping and taking the time to shout at me at the traffic lights in Dulwich Village. I'm very happy that you claim to have a category A licence - this is a good thing. However, your definition of "not doing anything wrong" seems to mean:

a) turning right from a left hand lane without indicating
b) driving your van six inches from my back wheel (in the wet)
c) entering a box junction when your lane on the other side was not clear
d) sitting six inches from my left arm while cutting into the filter lane and then once again turning right without indicating while trying to overtake me on the inside.

You were then, as previously mentioned, kind enough to question why I was trying to wave you away from my back wheel and give me a bit of space. Oh, and then you tried to drive up the inside of me again, which was nice, and not at all threatening or dangerous.

I ask you - if this is how someone with a category A licence drives, what hope is there for educating people who don't ride a bike?

Yours sincerely,

Mr. P. Nut
(genuinely puzzled)
Old 20-11-06, 06:23 PM   #2
DarrenSV650S
Mega Poster

I hope you got the registration?
Few months ago a van driver cut me up on a circle He did seem quite reluctant to stop and talk to me, So I followed him until he pulled over and then calmly told him my opinions.

**edit** When I was airing my opinions, he also mentioned that he too was a biker
...at that point my voice tone changed a little
something along the lines of "if your a biker you should know better you *%$@ing c!*t "
DarrenSV650S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-06, 06:27 PM   #3
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Sounds like he forgot he was in a van and not on the bike.
If he really does have a bike license and a bike that is

Still you seem to have taken it all in your stride and not let the red mist get the better of you. Which i have been known to do with morons like that from time to time in the past.

And as for educating those who have no clue in the first place well you may as well try to teach a monkey to be Prez of the usa. Oh no wait they've already done that aint they?!

Well maybe there is hope afterall
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-06, 06:31 PM   #4
thor

I just pull over and wait until they have ****ed off.
Old 20-11-06, 06:44 PM   #5
gettin2dizzy

yeah i followed a van in manchester today which turned 3 times without indicating. it was a renault 'trafic' (which really annoys me - why couldn't they spell it right?! ). Most of the time they seem to be on the phone or reading directions.
Old 20-11-06, 08:35 PM   #6
Luckypants
Mega Poster

What's a category 'A' licence? Oh! he means a bike licence.... (just looked at mine and saw it!)

I'll get me coat..............
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-06, 10:43 PM   #7
Mr Toad

next time deck 'im

as long as there are no witnesses
Old 21-11-06, 12:34 AM   #8
the_runt69

I'd like to say thank you to mr Plod who waited until I'd gone through a bicycle only gap stopped me in an unmarked mondeo and just lectured me ignoring the small plate etc. Nice bloke and i wont b going through there tomorrow.

H
Old 21-11-06, 09:49 AM   #9
Viney
Mega Poster

Default Re: Commuting Woe

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut
Dear Mr Blue Van Driver,
thank you for stopping and taking the time to shout at me at the traffic lights in Dulwich Village. I'm very happy that you claim to have a category A licence - this is a good thing. However, your definition of "not doing anything wrong" seems to mean:

a) turning right from a left hand lane without indicating
b) driving your van six inches from my back wheel (in the wet)
c) entering a box junction when your lane on the other side was not clear
d) sitting six inches from my left arm while cutting into the filter lane and then once again turning right without indicating while trying to overtake me on the inside.

You were then, as previously mentioned, kind enough to question why I was trying to wave you away from my back wheel and give me a bit of space. Oh, and then you tried to drive up the inside of me again, which was nice, and not at all threatening or dangerous.

I ask you - if this is how someone with a category A licence drives, what hope is there for educating people who don't ride a bike?

Yours sincerely,

Mr. P. Nut
(genuinely puzzled)
Van drivers are like women...alwyas right
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-06, 10:32 AM   #10
Alpinestarhero

He's prob one of those people that buy a gsxr1000 for sunny summer days only, and wobble about thinking they are the mutt's nuts - but with no actual riding control whatsoever.

Just because someone is a motorcyclist, dosnt mean they ride and drive correctly...

Matt