SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 12-11-07, 12:59 AM   #1
monkey

Default Test ride report - Street Triple

I took the Daytona in for a service yesterday and had a go on the Street Triple. My word. I've read that they're hooligan machines but I reckon I'd loose my license so much easier on this than on the Daytona! The engine was sweet, the suspension a little hard for town riding and the brakes ok. I did notice the difference between the brakes on this and the Daytona. I've never ridden a naked bike before so at first the straight bars made my wrists ache and I felt I was sitting like a poised bulldog. I accidentally left the service book at my flat so had to ride to Ruislip from Ashford and back. The confidence I had on it was amazing. I probably done a few silly things that I just wouldn't have even contemplated on anything I've ridden before. My only real moan was the fuelling. It felt a bit snatchy which I didn't expect as I've got it's sporty twin Brother. When I got it back I told the salesman who said "you get used to that" which I though was a bit lame. It'd only done a few thousand miles. I got it up to about 80 mph and can now appreciate the need for a screen, although apparently the tiny one you can get for this is quite good. Overall I loved it and if I had the money I'd definitely have a naked/streetfighter in my garage for town. I was grinning from ear to ear when I got home but as soon as I got back on the Daytona my grin got bigger. It's a lot smoother in every respect.

If you get a chance to try one out, do it. If not for anything else than an hour of grin.

Old 12-11-07, 01:13 AM   #2
Steelman

Default Re: Test ride report - Street Triple

+1 Triumph Triples rock

I posted a report a couple of months ago about my back to back test with the Street and Speed Triples. The brakes on the Speed bite more at first but are also more progressive than the Street. Thought that the Speed was better overall, but for the money, the Street is amazing. Trying to justify one in addition to the SV
Old 12-11-07, 01:53 AM   #3
rictus01
Mega Poster

Been riding T5 triples for the last 10 years, not had a chance to try the new street triple , but the daytona 675 did feel a little "limited" in comparison, Oh it'll probably manage better performance, but in a more hectic kind of way
, what can I say for 10 years I've been looking for something better and just not found it.

Cheers Mark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-07, 02:02 AM   #4
monkey

It was all a bit hectic Mark! Like I say I've got very limited experience with bikes in general but it was great fun. Might have to try the Speed triple one day. If it wasn't for my love of track days and popping up to Lincolnshire in the summer months I'd definately have a naked something or other. Remind me, what is a T5?
Old 12-11-07, 02:51 AM   #5
rictus01
Mega Poster

T5 was the first big FI triples, and as for trackdays, probably done more on a speed triple than anything else.

Cheers Mark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-07, 03:02 AM   #6
monkey

Well I say my love for trackdays, I've only done 5 but I love 'em! He he he.