SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 20-08-17, 04:16 AM   #1
-LG-

Default Help with 2011 SV650 Race Bike?

Hi All,

Recently bought my first SV650 (2011 model). Intent is to convert it to a dedicated track machine and I have a few questions.

1) I have removed the Pair system and blocked off with rubber bungs. on other bikes I have usually routed the crank case breather into the valve covers where the pair system goes but looking at the inside of the airbox on this bike it seemed rather clean so decided to leave the crank case breather where they were and just delete and block off the pair system. Is this standard practice for SV guys?

2) I removed a pump that runs from the throttle bodies to the airbox - guessing it is more emissions crap - Is it ok that I have removed this?

3) I have removed the secondary throttle butterflies' and associated hardware. To me it seemed pointless leaving them on as it is just another thing that could fail down the road and the bike will spend the rest of its days at wide open throttle on track. Has anyone here done this before and is it OK to do?

Have also blocked up all throttle body holes etc with rubber bungs.

I am just in the early stages but this will be a pretty full on build.

Parts ordered so far.
- M4 full system
- BMC Filter
- HM Quickshifter
- GB crash protection
- Currently have a Daytona 675 front end being modified to bolt on complete with R6 monoblock calipers, braided lines etc
- Brembo RCS19 master cylinder
- Wilbers rear shock on order
- GSXR 600 rear wheel kit on the way so I can run 180/60 rear tyre
- 520 chain and sprocket kit
- Currently modding rear subframe to sit higher
- K4 GSXR tail on the way
- Woodcraft rearsets

and will be more to come. Any help advice or constructive criticism appreciated.

-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image2.jpg (129.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg image1.jpg (120.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 20-08-17, 08:37 PM   #2
Grim-Lock

Default Re: Help with 2011 SV650 Race Bike?

Prepare yourself for frikking annoying closed loop emmisions bollox below 6k rpm, not sure if it will pose a track bike much/any problem but I recall FI error flashing when I last tried to bypass it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Grim-Lock is offline   Reply With Quote