SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 02-06-07, 10:40 PM   #1
thedonal

Default The Amazing Eyeball Thread

Well- seeing as I live near London and as we ride motorcycles, not bicycles (well- some of us probably do- it's very good for you an' all that), and therefore travel further than the end of our roads, I thought I'd start a generic eyeball thread, rather than one just in the Guildford Massive section etc.

So- first bike journey into London today- my best mate lives in Oval- was a little nervous, but know the route due to many car journeys there. Never biked into larndun Tarn befowah! I was actually more nervous coming home, for no apparent or rational reason. But here I am, still typing, so clearly did it succesfully!!

Anyway- back on topic, saw another yellow curvy just near Clapham Common (I was approaching from South)- about middayish. So- if yer were another .orger, HI! If not, HI anyway! Though you may never read this!! etc

So- post yer eyeballs away (not literally, of course!).

ps (edit)- mods, if you feel willing, like, please feel free to make this a permanent sticky type fixture, kind of an eyeball megathread- of course, it's just a suggestion!
Old 02-06-07, 10:54 PM   #2
skidmarx

Default Re: The Amazing Eyeball Thread

I got lost in South London Thursday night coming from Twickenham, panicking 'cos I was low on fuel, but couldn't get any due to my alarm being knacked (If I'd stopped I couldn't disarm and restart). Eventually run across a very nice helpful dude on a black pointy with a fruity exhaust in Tooting, think he was a saffa from the accent, anyways thanks you got me back in the right direction! He probably thought Iwas mad though......

Last edited by skidmarx; 02-06-07 at 10:57 PM.
Old 03-06-07, 07:33 AM   #3
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonal View Post
So- first bike journey into London today- my best mate lives in Oval

Anyway- back on topic, saw another yellow curvy just near Clapham Common (I was approaching from South)- about middayish. So- if yer were another .orger, HI! If not, HI anyway! Though you may never read this!! etc
Well had my bike not been in bits, you may have had a chance to see a red pointy as Oval is a pretty good description of where I live, I only put Vauxhall in my profile as its a bit more well known.

As for a yellow curvey near Clapham, well there are a few of these around, but as Kinvig lives REALLY close to Clapham, well it might have been him.

Now to post my own Eyeball, a Dark Blue Pointy on the A10 heading north on Friday evening around 6ish.

Oh and tons of SV's on Frith Street on Friday night

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-07, 11:10 AM   #4
Kinvig

Quote:

If it was a bloke with a sliver/grey shoie lid on & black/grey leathers then that'll be me. On the A3 or A205?? Howdy! Well met!

Quite chuffed: Saw you coming & nodded then was happy I got the nod back. I just love it when anothe biker nods!

I was on my way to Hampshire. You were the other yellow curvey? Was your colour different to mine or was it just my sunglasses?
Old 03-06-07, 11:13 AM   #5
Kinvig

Oh and on the subject of Eyeballs: This morning by Clapham Comoon about 11amish. Red pointy. Looked a bit like Soulkiss but as you say your bike's in bits, probably bot!

...and dare we ask why? Not broken your collar bone again, I hope!
Old 03-06-07, 11:31 AM   #6
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinvig View Post
Oh and on the subject of Eyeballs: This morning by Clapham Comoon about 11amish. Red pointy. Looked a bit like Soulkiss but as you say your bike's in bits, probably bot!

...and dare we ask why? Not broken your collar bone again, I hope!
Nah , with some cable-ties and gaffer tape it would be rideable, to attach the rear light to the frame - only in bits because I am using this fine weekend to get the rear panel resprayed.

Mind you its not just the cracked panel thats going more red - picked up some sunburn yesterday.

Waiting for another couple of hours before I go start on the laquer layer

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-07, 12:16 PM   #7
thedonal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinvig View Post
If it was a bloke with a sliver/grey shoie lid on & black/grey leathers then that'll be me. On the A3 or A205?? Howdy! Well met!

Quite chuffed: Saw you coming & nodded then was happy I got the nod back. I just love it when anothe biker nods!

I was on my way to Hampshire. You were the other yellow curvey? Was your colour different to mine or was it just my sunglasses?
Nar- is a blue/silver HJC lid- matte finish. Red & black Buffalo textile jacket if that helps?

Anyway- iftweryou, HI!
Old 04-06-07, 07:46 AM   #8
Kinvig

Quote:
Nar- is a blue/silver HJC lid- matte finish. Red & black Buffalo textile jacket if that helps?

Anyway- iftweryou, HI!

You noticed that the other rider was wearing all that!!! Bloody hell! I just notice bike colour!
Old 04-06-07, 07:51 AM   #9
Viney
Mega Poster

You cant miss me, im Blue and orange, and i believe the only blue and orange SV in the UK (Waits for 1000's or pictures of blue and orange SV's to be thrown at me)
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-07, 01:35 PM   #10
Tiger 55

Had my first ever unalerted spot of another member of the Org today! Looked out of the office window and somebody had snuck their curvey into the carpark next door. Lept over the fence to tag it and then thought, hmm, avatars?

Shufty though the recent Ecosse posts and turns out it's Habbie! Spotted!*

I will now return to watching the carpark like a hawk...

* We call 'em 'spotted' up here not 'eyeball' - it's a regional thing.