SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Madlanders For those based in the East & West Midlands.

Old 20-02-09, 06:32 PM   #1
DEJA_Vu

Default Map of members

Hey was just reading the "how about we make an effort this year?" thread and wat stu said

Quote:
Have you tried a user map like the TV section? so that you know who you're members are and where's close if people are sying too far. For a new section the TV lot seem really active. (or maybe that's why they are active )
i think it would be a good idea to know who is around your area so that we can easily message people for rides especially if people arent wanting to go a long way for a ride and it'll make it easier to meet others
Old 20-02-09, 06:33 PM   #2
Lissa
Just Ballast
Mega Poster

Default Re: Map of members

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEJA_Vu View Post
Hey was just reading the "how about we make an effort this year?" thread and wat stu said

i think it would be a good idea to know who is around your area so that we can easily message people for rides especially if people arent wanting to go a long way for a ride and it'll make it easier to meet others
Well, Pete and I are Rugby, so pretty close to you in Cov

I'd Rather Have Two Big Bangs Than Four Little Strokes
Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-09, 06:54 PM   #3
DEJA_Vu

thats awesome as said b4 unfortunatley my bike isnt here yet... are there many other members around here i know theres a couple in brum and northampton we could organise a more local meet at some point get new members together for a ride
Old 20-02-09, 06:54 PM   #4
Old Git

Recent addition to the bike arena, am in Worcester, so not sure if I should be in Midlands or south west?
Seems most of Madlanders are up north in Nottingham / Derby area, anyone dan saff?
Old Git is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-09, 06:57 PM   #5
Lissa
Just Ballast
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEJA_Vu View Post
thats awesome as said b4 unfortunatley my bike isnt here yet... are there many other members around here i know theres a couple in brum and northampton we could organise a more local meet at some point get new members together for a ride
There are one or two in this neck of the woods, and we like to get out and about every weekend if we can. There are several who are quite happy to travel a bit to do a rideout though, so hopefully you'll have plenty of choices of people to ride with. When will you have your bike here?

Old 20-02-09, 06:59 PM   #6
Lissa
Just Ballast
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Git View Post
Recent addition to the bike arena, am in Worcester, so not sure if I should be in Midlands or south west?
Seems most of Madlanders are up north in Nottingham / Derby area, anyone dan saff?

The groups are fairly fluid, OG. We do stuff with several sections, being here in the middle means we're pretty spoiled for choice

Old 20-02-09, 07:03 PM   #7
Old Git

Lissa, collecting bike Sunday morning, all being well, then careful ride back since it has been quite some time since I did any miles (excluding the test last week, Friday 13th, always thought that was a good day....)
Guess incl. the course have only done 60 miles in 24 years, have some catching up to do.
Old 20-02-09, 07:06 PM   #8
Lissa
Just Ballast
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Git View Post
Lissa, collecting bike Sunday morning, all being well, then careful ride back since it has been quite some time since I did any miles (excluding the test last week, Friday 13th, always thought that was a good day....)
Guess incl. the course have only done 60 miles in 24 years, have some catching up to do.
I bet you are really excited then. You won't sleep on Saturday night

I think you'll love the SV. They are stonking bikes, and curvy's are the best, of course

I'm sure you'll get used to it no problem. Have you ridden V twins before?

Old 20-02-09, 07:11 PM   #9
Old Git

Lissa, only bike I ever had was a Yamaha YB100 which I used for going to work many years ago...... so simple answer is no.
No experience, only blind faith & trust in him upstairs.
Yep, looking forward to 1st impressions, as is my want have tried to read reviews etc. as much as possible & threads like on this site, SV's sound like they are either bullet proof, or riders are expert mechanics, don't seem to hear of very much trouble.
I am praying that mine will be reliable if not the fastest since I don't know where the batteries go into things like spanners & screwdrivers.
Old 20-02-09, 07:16 PM   #10
DEJA_Vu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
There are one or two in this neck of the woods, and we like to get out and about every weekend if we can. There are several who are quite happy to travel a bit to do a rideout though, so hopefully you'll have plenty of choices of people to ride with. When will you have your bike here?
well i go home for 21st march and a group of three mates are riding down to portsmouth on the 14th of april to meet me and then riding home back to cov that day, gives us a chance to do a long run in prep for a summer trip away