SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 30-06-10, 08:33 AM   #1

Default One of the reasons I cant afford a bike this year...

Whilst I was happy to move out to the sticks, however an in experienced buyer and a misleading mortgage survey meant I bought a house with no real proper drainage... what goes out of the house as waste water goes into a cess pit which I have to have emptied on a monthly basis at £90 a hit..

No mains drainage locally, and as such I need to install a package treatment plant which treats the effluent through natural aeration and discharges it at a effluent level safe for water courses, i.e my ditch at the back of the garden..
Payback is about 4 years but it means we can use as much water as we like without filling up a tank...

I am uploading pics because its about to get a whole lot fun as this weekend I have a digger and dumper turning up.. and we all like big toys, later in the week 10 tonnes of top soil... Im doing it myself with the help of my dad who is a Anglia approved plumber and my brother..

any way, not a lot to see for now but ill update as time goes on..

The drain layout..

Back towards the house..

New external Power

The tank arriving on a sodding articulated lorry...

The Tank off the Lorry... stands 2.3m tall.. only weighs 135kg...

That's it for now... not the way I really want to spend a week of work doing but its still it needs doing and I'm not paying anyone else to do it...
Old 30-06-10, 09:20 AM   #2
punyXpress
Mega Poster

Default Re: One of the reasons I cant afford a bike this year...

Doesn't look as nice as your Tuono
There, that's made you feel better already.
Old 01-07-10, 12:22 PM   #3
Rog

Have you factered in the testing you will need to get done and are you installing a testing chamber between the outfall and the treatment plant? Whos sorting out your license to discharge and these are usually a yerly fee based on test results.

Costs would be initial install, yearly testing, and yearly license to discharge renewal.
Old 01-07-10, 12:40 PM   #4
Owenski

you need permission from the ea to discharge into that watercourse mate. Have you got all this sort of stuff in place or are you hoping they wont notice.
Have you ensured self cleansing velocity on your pipe work? Last thing you want is it back falling wc water into the PTA.
I'm a civil engineer if yamwant anyone to scan over yours plans bud.
Old 01-07-10, 01:02 PM   #5

thanks guys,

the permission to discharge now doesn't apply to discharges under 2m3 a day, we have an exemption to discharge certificate from the Environment Agency (take the place of the old PTD) This is in place permanently with no renewal required unless volume increases above 2m3, which it wont even if 6 people lived int he house discharging the full 150l a day allowance.

No annual testing is required, however annual maintenance is required to ensure the plant is working properly, this includes air pump servicing.

I don't need a sampling chamber as the discharge point is less than 5m from the exit from the tank and the pipe will be in a header wall allowing a container to be offered up for collection.

All levels will be self cleansing velocity, except the final discharge which we can install @ 1:200 I have done a small amount of civil's drainage before and its all being installed to the building regs and my dad is an Anglia approved plumber. (means he can work on east anglia water mains etc etc)

Thanks for the input
Old 01-07-10, 01:14 PM   #6
gettin2dizzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 454697819 View Post
thanks guys,

the permission to discharge now doesn't apply to discharges under 2m3 a day, we have an exemption to discharge certificate from the Environment Agency (take the place of the old PTD) This is in place permanently with no renewal required unless volume increases above 2m3, which it wont even if 6 people lived int he house discharging the full 150l a day allowance.

No annual testing is required, however annual maintenance is required to ensure the plant is working properly, this includes air pump servicing.

I don't need a sampling chamber as the discharge point is less than 5m from the exit from the tank and the pipe will be in a header wall allowing a container to be offered up for collection.

All levels will be self cleansing velocity, except the final discharge which we can install @ 1:200 I have done a small amount of civil's drainage before and its all being installed to the building regs and my dad is an Anglia approved plumber. (means he can work on east anglia water mains etc etc)

Thanks for the input

You been reading up on this by any chance?
Old 01-07-10, 01:34 PM   #7
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Hmmmm why has someone put a giant gnomes hat on your lawn?

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-10, 01:42 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyblonde View Post
Hmmmm why has someone put a giant gnomes hat on your lawn?
to pooh in?

Next Question?
Old 01-07-10, 01:42 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettin2dizzy View Post

You been reading up on this by any chance?
Yeah

well as indicated by the other guys questions, if I get it wrong I can end up in trouble..!
Old 01-07-10, 02:06 PM   #10
abdul.aziz

Sounds like a nightmare.

Hope the work gets wrapped up without delays- on time and on budget.