SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 19-12-11, 11:52 AM   #1
F4LL3N

Default People's Experience with Keis Heated Clothing?

OK so I have the X5 waistcoat - which works wonders and I am experiencing no trouble at all.

I just got the heated inner gloves to connect to it. I tried them out with a pair of Alpinestar gortex gloves over the top and didn't notice any heat from them on a 65 mile journey, even on full heat setting.

I have just been outside and plugged into the bike again, non-riding (but running), to see if they are actually working. The X5 was fine and as for the gloves there is heat coming off them, but barely noticeable at full heat setting. I was running the bike for about 15 minutes and they never got as warm as I thought they might do.

I just wondered if this was normal as I think I've seen people posting that they usually get really hot on full temperature.

Many thanks guys.
Old 19-12-11, 12:02 PM   #2
_Stretchie_
Large Member
Mega Poster

Default Re: People's Experience with Keis Heated Clothing?

Me, Squirrell and Mac99 tried these gloves on at the NEC and they were really warm. I wanted to buy a set of the full gloves but it seems that you can only run them from the bike where as the gloves liners can be run from the bike or the battery pack..

Look right-> <-Look Left
_Stretchie_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-11, 02:50 PM   #3
F4LL3N

Interesting so how warm is warm and what setting?
Old 19-12-11, 05:26 PM   #4
rictus01
Mega Poster

I have a pair of the very old heavy leather gloves from them (10 years or so), they come with a two position switch and after about 5 minutes you have to turn them to the lower setting even in the very cold, I would suggest there's something wrong with yours.

Cheers Mark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-11, 11:38 PM   #5
F4LL3N

Quote:
Originally Posted by rictus01 View Post
I have a pair of the very old heavy leather gloves from them (10 years or so), they come with a two position switch and after about 5 minutes you have to turn them to the lower setting even in the very cold, I would suggest there's something wrong with yours.

Cheers Mark.

Thanks mate will give them a bell tomorrow. There is only one controller with 3 heat settings that power all garments.
Old 19-12-11, 11:44 PM   #6
rictus01
Mega Poster

it is more than possible they have upgraded the controller over the intervening year, however I doubt they have made the product less efficient heat wise.

Cheers Mark
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-11, 09:35 AM   #7
_Stretchie_
Large Member
Mega Poster

I think these inner gloves that we tried turned on to the higher setting then you press the button to scroll through the setting.

I'm aware that we were in a heated hall and not out in the cold doing about 60mph but these were roasty toasty. I would say any warmer and it would have been to hot for me

Look right-> <-Look Left
_Stretchie_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-11, 10:04 AM   #8
F4LL3N

Yeah that's what I thought, these are barely noticeable.
Old 25-12-11, 10:34 PM   #9
F4LL3N

I've had a call from the retailer. Apparently there is nothing wrong with the gloves and I need to give them a call and let them know what I want to do. I do sometimes get a strange thing happen when I ride, where the engine cuts out (but not the electrics) and I have to power up again. As I said, I did a test just waistcoat and gloves and the waistcoat was fine but the gloves did not seem warm enough. Could it be the bike even if this was the only thing it was powering (other than the defaults)? Seems a bit strange to me.
Old 25-12-11, 11:06 PM   #10
F4LL3N

I should just add that it was cutting out when riding, obviously not when I tested it the other day (as above) which was strange. Oh and Merry Christmas