SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 13-01-09, 11:33 AM   #1
Brettus

Default Anyone use Spanns garage in Northwich?

I'm needing my bike checking over and a new chain and sprocket fitting so was pondering these guys but before I bother them, anyone used them and have anything to add?

Only thing I know is one of the guys I did my DAS with uses them as we called there on route heh
Brettus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-10, 01:26 PM   #2
fuzzbuck fuzz

Default Re: Anyone use Spanns garage in Northwich?

not for a bike, but i used them for a car - a porsche.

They dented it whilst in their car park, called me a liar to my face when i said there was no damage when i dropped it off and then threatened me with physical violence when i objected.

not recommended at all.
Old 20-07-10, 01:29 PM   #3
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Steve of F&B will fit a new C&S for you, maybe will do the check over too if you ask?
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-10, 02:14 PM   #4
Brettus

Cor Zombie thread, oddly enough I'm just about to ask Steve about a chain and sprocket to replace the one mentioned above
Spanns got it sorted but wasn't overly impressed, nothing bad as such. certainly not like fuzzbuck had but it wasn't as friendly as Steve or how other places seem from what people have said.
Will give Steve a call tomorrow morning, keep forgetting.
K6 SV650S Sport: GSXR 1000 front end, Penske shock, F.Fabbri DB clear screen, colour matched hugger, Corbin riders seat, Evotech tail tidy, Akrapovic full system, Twin 55w HID lights, Givi rack and..... the biggest top box known to man
Quote:
"Well I've met God and he had nothing to say to me"
Old 20-07-10, 03:34 PM   #5
Preston

Nope never.. but if your that close to go there come to Crewe. earl Street motorcycles. around the back of block busters ( near KFC )take the turning for block busters but dont turn into there small car park. keep driving forwards road bends to the right. we are on the left. (Blue door) small carpark across from us. ( do not park on the dubble yellow lines )
Old 20-07-10, 04:04 PM   #6
Brettus

ah, interesting, what would a chain and sprocket set cost me for a pointy then? I could make it there over an extended lunchtime perhaps.
K6 SV650S Sport: GSXR 1000 front end, Penske shock, F.Fabbri DB clear screen, colour matched hugger, Corbin riders seat, Evotech tail tidy, Akrapovic full system, Twin 55w HID lights, Givi rack and..... the biggest top box known to man
Quote:
"Well I've met God and he had nothing to say to me"
Old 20-07-10, 04:15 PM   #7
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Brett I got DID C&S kit for Speedy's bike for £72 delivered. Fitted them myself, so no information on fitting costs.
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-10, 04:55 PM   #8
SuzukiNess

just bought oe c&s (DID) from DK Motorcycles for £74 delivered.. they have a 35% off on C&S at the mo (on the website)
Old 21-07-10, 03:52 PM   #9
Preston

Call 01270250274 at eal street motorcycles ask for ben. front and rear sproket kit £35-£40 with chain would say around £55-60 max fitted.
Old 21-07-10, 04:00 PM   #10
Preston

not sure if you know or been told so ill say it. you should never put a new chain on old sprokets or old chain on new sprokets, so when replacing one best to do all 3 front,rear Sprokets and chain. Unless you have a SuperSprox rear sproket. as they are harder and dont strech as your chain dos so you can put 2-3 new chains on befor replacing your rear again.

chain should only have 1"ch of play when sitting on it and 1-1/2" when not sitting on it. ( thats both up and down )

if your chain makes a clunk sound when you push it back your rear is Fubar,chain will be damaged and front is 80% of the time also Fubar.

If your rear look slike a ninja star its fubar. replace all 3 again.

Dont over do your chain this will put to much preshire the motor and it will whine and can make the big end bearing get damaged/over heat.

This is total FUBAR!!!! its sharp, thin, and bent forwards. thats what happends when your chain is fubar but people keep addjusting the chain so its streching longer and longer, now the rear is total Fubar the front would be just the same.

when you get a chain it will say the max amount of strech alowed i.e 1/2 - 3/4 some 1.3-1.4". all have there own max lenths. remember an over tightened or over streched chain will SNAP!

Last edited by Preston; 21-07-10 at 04:08 PM.