SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 15-07-08, 12:24 PM   #1
fri-sv

Default Fairing Replacement/Change

Hey, i dont post up here alot, but check the forum regularly and always find it very useful. Am after a bit of advice or some recomendations. Basically due to a slight mishap ive got a cracked lh fairing on a '99 sv650s, so im trying to decide whether to just replace the damaged panel or get a complete new fairing.

So what i was wondering is does anybody have an aftermarket fairing on a curvy, like the ones JHS do, and are they relatively easy to fit (and stil retain headlight etc)? also which would you reccomend and does anybody have photos of a curvy with a different fairing?

Also failing that if anybody has any ideas where i could get a straight replacement for a red sv ('99 model) origional lh fairing around west yorkshire that would be very helpful.

Thanks, and any help will be greatly appreciated.
Old 15-07-08, 12:39 PM   #2
Sosha

Default Re: Fairing Replacement/Change

Personally I'd keep the cracked one - otherwise I'd guess EBay's your friend - JHS stuff would need painting (AFAIK)

EDIT: Wanted section's prob worth a shot too
Old 15-07-08, 10:04 PM   #3
Jase22

Default Re: Fairing Replacement/Change

You can try bike busters in Wyke for a fairing panel. He's not bad for SV parts.

Otherwise, I'm also on the lookout for something special to fit mine, yet to find anything I like though thus far so am currently stuck with an "N" headlight.