SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 30-03-08, 12:00 PM   #1
SAMMY650

Default SV650S Fully Faired

Hi,

Silly question, but can anyone tell me how wide the bars are and how wide (at the widest point) the fully faired pointy SV is?

I'm looking to upgrade to the fully faired SV but need to know if it will fit in the bike shed I get with my flat!

Cheers in advance.x
Old 30-03-08, 12:18 PM   #2
olden mgroin

Default Re: SV650S Fully Faired

Hey Sammy, measure from mirror to mirror that's the widest point on the bike. It should be about 800mm, my shed is 1100mm wide just enough room to get off the bike once inside.
Old 30-03-08, 05:31 PM   #3
davidimurray

Widest point on the SV is the bars. The mirror fold back to a reasonable degree, but my top tip is to fold them forwards as they go a lot further in then and you only have to worry about the bar ends.

I'm not near the bike at the moment, but if you don't get an answer I can measure up for you on tuesday.

Cheers

Dave
Old 30-03-08, 07:50 PM   #4
olden mgroin

Yes this is true, the bars are the widest immovable part, but personally riding my bike every day i found it annoying adjusting my mirrors everytime, And i'm pretty sure the width of the bars is close to 720mm, I had same problem when buying shed for my bike.
Old 30-03-08, 11:11 PM   #5
SAMMY650

Cheers guys, if I get the bike i'll have to get off it before it goes in the shed. There are blocks of about 8 brick built sheds that were originally built for bicycles but the company we rent the flat off say a few others have proper bikes in there. I measured the width of the door to be 26" and then I'll have the problem of NOT leaning the bike against the wall once inside! Just wanted a rough idea as my current Curvy 650 (unfaired) won't fit in there but then I do have the Renthal Streetfighter bars on there!

Without looking at one I don't know for sure but are you positive that the bars are the widest immovable point of the bike? The fairings aren't wider?
Old 31-03-08, 09:45 AM   #6
davidimurray

Hi Sammy

Mine is fully faired and the bars are definitely the widest part. I've got mirror extenders on mine as well and with the mirrors folded back they are close to the width of bars. The only other area that is quite wide is the standard indicators, but I've never worried about them. My garden gate is about as narrow as you could possibly get the bike through without wiggling the bars. I will get some measurments for you when i get home

Cheers

Dave
Old 31-03-08, 07:55 PM   #7
SAMMY650

Cheers Dave
Old 31-03-08, 07:58 PM   #8
Rhiwbina_Squirrel

I've got the suzuki range catalogue here and it says the overall width is 730mm. That okay?
Old 01-04-08, 02:25 PM   #9
SAMMY650

You're a star. Thanks.
Old 01-04-08, 03:14 PM   #10
davidimurray

Hey Sammy

Just got home and got the tape measure out -

Handlebars 730mm (inc bar ends)
Mirrors Folded in with extenders fitted 670mm
Widest point on fairing lowers (where the big silver fitting caps are) 510mm