SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

South & West Surfers Just for the guys and gals in the south and south west of the UK.

Old 02-02-06, 10:42 AM   #1
Mogs

Default Welsh Way Round MkIII. Sat 20th May 2006, S Wales

Does anyone fancy giving the route around South Wales another go – maybe we’ll avoid the rain this time and get the route right at the end so avoiding the Motorway.

I've spoken to Jabba, and the proposal is to link up with Hornets Nest

Date/Time/Where meet?

We're posting notice early to give as many as possible time to sort things out...

Sat 20th May only clashes with the BMF Show in Peterborough and the MotoGP is the following day.

Usual meeting point Severn View Services (aka Aust) usual time 11.00am to depart at 11.15am

The route (updated after recce) is here(.pdf) or here (.axe Autoroute 2006)

Jabba will post on the Nest and I'll keep an eye on here

Yet again we will be using the Drop Off system to mark out route

Same as we did last year concerning the safety element, specifically what we know about each other in the unlikely event of an accident.

A ride-out conducted by another forum was unfortunate enough to be involved in an incident, which resulted in a rider being hospitalised. The sad part of the story is that the other riders only new his forum name, this made it difficult for them to arrange to notify a home contact and for the recovery of his machine etc.

Now this may sound like tempting fate, however, I am a believer in that if there is a plan for the worse, the worse won’t occur.

I suggest that we all print out the “form” below, complete it, no need to hand it to anyone just have it with you, Put it in the map pouch of your tank bag (or somewhere equally obvious).

Full Name: ________________________________________

Home Address: ____________________________________

Home Contact Name:_______________________________

Tel Nos: _________________________________________

Medical Conditions (eg. No penicillin):

Bike Reg No/Model: ________________________________

Recovery Company: ________________________________

Tel No: ___________________________________________

Old 02-02-06, 02:23 PM   #2
Iceman

I'm up for this.
Old 02-02-06, 11:07 PM   #3
lemmings999

i will try to get time of work for it but dont know my way round a lot of that route.
will have to meet someone near me(Pontypridd) to help me get to meeting points
Old 03-02-06, 06:53 AM   #4
DeanoN

Woo hoo! here we go again.......
Old 03-02-06, 08:21 AM   #5
Anonymous

I'll be there assuming I'm not abroad.
Old 03-02-06, 01:51 PM   #6
Samurai

I should be able to make it, depends on the weather this year
Old 04-02-06, 10:13 AM   #7
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Should be up for this. Hopefully Liz wont be working weekends anymore by this time so she should be able to make it as well as long shes not busy with the TA that weekend.

I'm going to try and get my brother to come along, also a guy at work has just bought an SV, so I'll invite him along to, and a guy in my team has just passed his test and bought a bandit so I'll invite him to if thats OK with everybody.

Dr Rich if you are going to be about can we do the usual meet up at Morrisons at Cribbs ?

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-06, 10:19 AM   #8
Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwheel
Should be up for this. Hopefully Liz wont be working weekends anymore by this time so she should be able to make it as well as long shes not busy with the TA that weekend.

I'm going to try and get my brother to come along, also a guy at work has just bought an SV, so I'll invite him along to, and a guy in my team has just passed his test and bought a bandit so I'll invite him to if thats OK with everybody.

Dr Rich if you are going to be about can we do the usual meet up at Morrisons at Cribbs ?
Or at Gordano services depending on which way you come.
Old 04-02-06, 04:54 PM   #9
Professor

Will try to come.
Old 06-02-06, 11:00 AM   #10
tee jey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Rich
Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwheel

Or at Gordano services depending on which way you come.
I've put the date on the calendar to give the wife fair warning. Lets hope for some fine wather this time so we can take in those wonderful views.