SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 26-06-06, 10:09 AM   #1
Viney
Mega Poster

Default Bike clothing - Replacing

Ok, im a clothing tart. I have all manner of jackets, trousers, boots etc for the bike. Now, like all things they wear out and it comes to replacing them. My large winter coat has seen 5 winters and is finally leaking. My HG tribal textile jacket is also past its best and the connecting zip has broken. So heres the ting, do i replace with one jacket that does all, or do i buy 2 again?

What would you do?

Recomend me a jacket that could replace both. Needs to be comfortable, removeable lining, warm, waterproof and gonna last a good few winters. Id like a rukka, but at the best part of £300 thats a no no. as an idea, my last winter jacket cost £100, and the HG jacket the same.
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-06, 10:12 AM   #2
keithd

Default Re: Bike clothing - Replacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viney
blah blah blah - translated - i'm putting on weight and nothing fits me. who does jumbo sized gear......
i still love you
Old 26-06-06, 10:12 AM   #3
Jabba

The Spada Circuit/Podium textile suit did well in a Ride test and is great value.

HG's Cruise Suit is good but way more expensive.
Old 26-06-06, 10:12 AM   #4
Itching 2 go

Quote:

Recomend me a jacket that could replace both. Needs to be comfortable, removeable lining, warm, waterproof and gonna last a good few winters. Id like a rukka, but at the best part of £300 thats a no no. as an idea, my last winter jacket cost £100, and the HG jacket the same.
if thats the case, ask the guy selling you the jacket to reduce it to £200, that way its no more expensive than your 2 jackets that your replacing!
Old 26-06-06, 10:13 AM   #5
Marshall

Personally id got for two jackets. One water prrof textile with removable lining, and a leather with removable lining. Thats what ive got (or will have if my leather jaket ever turns up)

really depends how much you ride in the rain mate.
Old 26-06-06, 10:14 AM   #6
Itching 2 go

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithd
Quote:
blah blah blah - translated - i'm putting on weight and nothing fits me. who does jambo sized gear......
i still love you
but Jambo's a skinny runt!
Old 26-06-06, 10:15 AM   #7
diamond

Ask Fizz about his A* gore tex jacket. That wasn't to expensive and it has a fleece jacket zipped inside so it is very versitile (sp).
Old 26-06-06, 10:22 AM   #8
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by e.d.
Ask Fizz about his A* gore tex jacket. That wasn't to expensive and it has a fleece jacket zipped inside so it is very versitile (sp).
Aye it is that.

Its an Alpinestars Twist jacket

The only thing I dont like but its only a niggle is that it has "soft armour" and it doesnt fit my elbows and shoulders quite right even though I have moved the armour around to suit me it never really seems to stay put. I prefer the jackets with the hard armour.

However

It has plenty of pockets and is nice and long so It doesnt ride up when I'm on the bike. The fleece is a nice touch and is nice and toasty warm. I've been out in winter in -5 or -6 and didnt get cold on the ride from Amesbury back to Yeovil ( around 50 miles )

It has a neoprene seal round the neck to stop the wet getting down in side the jacket. It came with a back protector in the back of the jacket but I took that out as I have a knox one.

Its never leaked and always keeps me warm and dry

It was £180 from J & S

I dont know what its like in summer as I have my leather jacket now. Personally I like having the leather now I feel more protected in it than I do in a textile jacket. Hence why I have two jackets. I've got a little thin waterproof overjacket that I pop on over my leather jacket if I get caught out in the rain or it gets to cold.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-06, 10:24 AM   #9
Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwheel
Quote:
Originally Posted by e.d.
Aye it is that.

Its an Alpinestars Twist jacket

The only thing I dont like but its only a niggle is that it has "soft armour" and it doesnt fit my elbows and shoulders quite right even though I have moved the armour around to suit me it never really seems to stay put. I prefer the jackets with the hard armour.

However

It has plenty of pockets and is nice and long so It doesnt ride up when I'm on the bike. The fleece is a nice touch and is nice and toasty warm. I've been out in winter in -5 or -6 and didnt get cold on the ride from Amesbury back to Yeovil ( around 50 miles )

It has a neoprene seal round the neck to stop the wet getting down in side the jacket. It came with a back protector in the back of the jacket but I took that out as I have a knox one.

Its never leaked and always keeps me warm and dry

It was £180 from J & S

I dont know what its like in summer as I have my leather jacket now. Personally I like having the leather now I feel more protected in it than I do in a textile jacket. Hence why I have two jackets. I've got a little thin waterproof overjacket that I pop on over my leather jacket if I get caught out in the rain or it gets to cold.
You guys really are worse than girls when it come to clothes
Old 26-06-06, 10:26 AM   #10
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara
You guys really are worse than girls when it come to clothes
Mwah you can talk. Your leathers are more chavy than mine are

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote