SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 25-08-10, 07:22 PM   #1
the_lone_wolf
Captain Awesome
Mega Poster

Default Ever lose your rag?

Spare a thought for the consequences of a moment's indiscretion...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=67403

Quote:
Whilst driving today (which I do a lot of!!) I was unfortunate enough to be the witness to an extremely awful and saddening event, and have decided to post about it here, partly as an eye opener, but mainly to get some of it out of my system!!

Driving along a damp dual carriage way I was overtaken by two cars, who had obviously done something to upset each other, one driven by a woman and the other driven by a man. the woman pulled in front of me and then the man in front of her, he then jammed his foot hard on his brakes!!

The lady in front of me did likewise but lost control of her vehicle, clipping the rear nearside of the mans car and sliding sideways off the road and into a tree!!

The lorry in front of us all had obviously been watching what was going on, as I had, and stopped quickly ensuring the man in the car couldn't get by.

Once stopped, I rushed to check the lady in the car was OK, thankfully she was, however, her 2 year old daughter, who received the full brunt of the tree trunk, was, VERY sadly killed instantly!!

The man who had been driving like an idiot got out of his car, quite unconcerned and started shouting at the woman that she shouldn't have cut him up, but his mood changed quite rapidly when I told him about the little girl, he instantly went into shock, and then tried to kill HIMSELF by jumping over the barrier, luckily I managed to rugby tackle him to the ground in the outside lane of the dual carriage way where I had to sit on him until the Police arrived (lucky I'm a big bloke!!)

A young death over an unfortunate piece of driving!!

So I guess you should spare a thought for that poor woman, who had her child killed because she cut somebody up.

I guess you should spare a thought for her husband, who probably kissed his little girl good bye this morning, gave her a hug, maybe played about with her, not realising he would never do those things ever again.

I guess you should spare a though for the man in the car, who's life will never be the same because he got so aggressive.

And, selfishly, I guess you should spare a thought for me, who, as a father with a 3 year old daughter, will never get the images out of his mind of this senseless waste of human life, and who will probably have nightmares about it for months.

Life can be cut short in a nano second, are all the petty squabbles and falling out really worth it?? shouldn't we all just go back to being friends with on another?? after all, we may be gone tomorrow!!

And if somebody cuts you up, just let it go, or you could be the that man in the car!!

Remember, there are no good drivers, just drivers that think they are good!!

If you went to the trouble of reading this, thank you for your time and patience, and thanks for letting me vent onto you!!

Larry

(⌐■_■)
Deal with it...
the_lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-10, 07:38 PM   #2
davepreston

Default Re: Ever lose your rag?

feck me thats a heart ripper
Old 25-08-10, 07:50 PM   #3
wattyfred89

wattyfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-10, 07:55 PM   #4
hongman

Speechless.
Old 25-08-10, 08:11 PM   #5
Amanda

Old 25-08-10, 08:15 PM   #6
ChrisSV

Old 25-08-10, 08:20 PM   #7
andrewsmith
Mega Poster

Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, Just south of salad dodging country

Every year we meet old friends, gain some new ones, lose old ones and you always remember them all.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Mahatma Gandhi
andrewsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-10, 08:26 PM   #8
minimorecambe

Poor little girl, so innocent
Old 25-08-10, 08:31 PM   #9
maxinc

When I was in my 20's I used to suffer form road rage. In a country with little discipline on the road it felt like the only way to drive. There was a moment when I almost killed myself, my wife and my sister-in-law. This changed the way I drive forever. I guess I was very lucky to be given a second chance and I am grateful for that.

I very much admire the traffic in the UK and I consider it one of the most disciplined and safe in europe. Still, tragedies like this happen everywhere and they are a sad reminder of what could happen in a nano-second of pure selfishness.
Old 25-08-10, 08:40 PM   #10
timwilky
Mega Poster

Sounds like somebody has invented a story. I doubt there is a word of fact.

A story like that would be all over the press. the original on the mg site is stamped about 20 past 5. Plenty of time for the press to have picked it up.

Last edited by timwilky; 25-08-10 at 08:43 PM.
timwilky is offline   Reply With Quote