SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 12-08-11, 03:11 PM   #11
Viney
Mega Poster

Default Re: Lose your life like you loose your license?

As for the OP. Interesting idea but you do get your licence back after a period of time no matter how bad a boy/girl you have been. I, rightly or wrongly think that it should be a life for a life. You you kill someone in cold blood, then you lose yours. So with your theory, you could kill 2 people and frankly, thats not enough from my list
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-11, 03:12 PM   #12
-Ralph-

Default Re: Loose your life like you loose your license?

Quote:
Originally Posted by missyorkie_chris View Post
.how easy would it be for people to use up other people's points though...?
I typed Lose, then changed it to Loose, doh!

It would need to be a wrongful conviction for that to happen wouldn't it? True enough there'd be a lot more motivation to put someone else in the frame for a crime, but the system itself wouldn't make that any more likely to be achieved. There may be more miscarriages of justice because more people are trying to frame others, and inevitably some will succeed.

You'd of course have the right to appeal, etc,

And you can drive on more than 12 points if a judge decides not to ban you, extenuating circumstances, etc.

Last edited by -Ralph-; 12-08-11 at 03:15 PM.
Old 12-08-11, 03:13 PM   #13
-Ralph-

Default Re: Loose your life like you loose your license?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viney View Post
Dont know what shes talking about, do you

*Modman to the rescue*
Thanks
Old 12-08-11, 03:14 PM   #14
-Ralph-

Quote:
As for the OP. Interesting idea but you do get your licence back after a period of time no matter how bad a boy/girl you have been
OK, so points expire after 40 years?

Quote:
So with your theory, you could kill 2 people and frankly, thats not enough from my list
I haven't necessarily got the number of points for murder correct.

It's more the concept of a death sentence invoked by a criminal history that I was questioning, take the trash out of circulation as they have only proven themselves to be a burden on society anyway, who may never rehabilitate and have had chances to do so.

Last edited by -Ralph-; 12-08-11 at 03:19 PM.
Old 12-08-11, 03:23 PM   #15
Viney
Mega Poster

I know what you were meaning, and as i said an intersting idea. However, there are to many doogooders that will thank that these poeple could be rehabilitated, when in essence, they cant and will never change.

A half decent firm and fiar judicial system would be a good start.

Oh, id add parking on a red route 75 points
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-11, 03:27 PM   #16
Winder

100 points if you pull out in front of me, take me off my bike, break my bones and then blame me for the whole thing. You'r husband should get 100 points for getting hitched to such a brain dead waste of oxygen and your mother should get 100 for giving birth to another little miss average, pond life, joe public, idiot.
Old 12-08-11, 03:27 PM   #17
Owenski

As opposed to lethal injection could they not instead be sent to a remote island location?
At the rate they'd arrive on the island they'd more than likely die before the next resident even arrived. 300years down the line there'd just be scattered skeltons everywhere, all sorts of disease and stuff it'd really put you off wanting to go there.
Old 12-08-11, 03:34 PM   #18
timwilky
Mega Poster

So you come home from an afternnon at cricket/golf etc and find some nice type misbehaving totally inappropriately with your wife/daughter. (trying not to to explicit here)

So you take a swing at them with whatever you happen to have to hand, such as cricket bat, driver etc. After all you are not going to say can you please take that part of your anatomy out of my wife/daughter.

so it is now tits up, brain all over the place. Is it murder? or defending your family.

What do you mean my daughters new boyfriend I have never seen him in my life before. Whoops!
Old 12-08-11, 03:34 PM   #19
-Ralph-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owenski View Post
At the rate they'd arrive on the island they'd more than likely die before the next resident even arrived.
I'd not be so sure about that. The number of wee scrotes that are well known to police and have a list of previous as long as your arm by the time they are 25! They could tot up 50 points just with joyriding and shoplifting, first big crime they are caught for, they have enough points for it to act as a major deterrent towards committing any more.

Last edited by -Ralph-; 12-08-11 at 03:41 PM.
Old 12-08-11, 03:39 PM   #20
-Ralph-

Quote:
Originally Posted by timwilky View Post
Is it murder? or defending your family
The same issue exists now. We are not talking about what constitutes a crime, just how we get tough on repeat offenders. And if that happened to you you'd not be likely to tot up the other 51 points you needed for game over would you? It would only be an issue if you were a repeat offender.