SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 30-01-18, 07:55 PM   #1
corkzak

Default C28 error fixed

Don't do what I did. I read all the forums and started from the ECU and did all the wire traces and tests. Took the STVA apart and soldered all the joints. Put it back together and set the TPS and it still would not work properly. Took it to Suzuki dealer and they diagnosed the problem and said I need a new throttle body and wrote on the invoice I had taken the STVA apart. I could not afford the price they quoted as they wanted £800 for the throttle body alone. I asked Bibio for help and he told me what kind of screw held the air box on the throttle body as my eyes are not what they used to be. Today i had another go at it and decided I would just have the STVA work the back butterfly. So I popped off the linkage bar and found the back butterfly moved as smooth as hot butter but the front one was very stiff. I took it partly apart and cleaned it and lubricated it and moved it until it was smooth and easy to move. Put all back together and error c28 gone. Throttle body does its cycle and works like a dream. Saved a lot of money thanks to all you guys who have written about this problem. Have put the second hand throttle body away in case I ever need it in the future. Many thanks to all who contributed to solving the problem. Happy biker again..

Last edited by corkzak; 30-01-18 at 08:15 PM.
Old 31-01-18, 07:20 AM   #2
maviczap
Mega Poster

Default Re: C28 error fixed

Great post, and a big saving
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-18, 02:44 PM   #3
Craig380
Mega Poster

Default Re: C28 error fixed

This post about cleaning and lubing the STV joints and drive is also useful:

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=220760