SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 12-10-07, 04:15 PM   #1
ooger

Default Danger?

Maybe I'm too cautious, I don't know.
Maybe this should be a poll, I don't know, but:

Having recently been back to Facebook to sign up to the SV group, I came across this:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2235300548

Although its a closed group....surely this is not wise. I know there are some officers on here too, but theres a difference between disclosing your job, and having access to a list of local police officers in your area.....

I BET its possible to join the group (through deception/whatever) and use the details within it to commit some kind of crime against an officer or his/her family/friends

(...I don't plan on doing this of course, but I do know some officers who would think this FB group was lunacy)

What do you think....?
Old 12-10-07, 07:09 PM   #2
philipMac

Default Re: Danger?

DANGER DANGER
Old 12-10-07, 07:13 PM   #3
Stig

BT has a group also. For this you need to register using your unique BT serial number and register using your BT email address. A link is sent to your work email address and you have to follow that link to be accepted in the group. The 'ol Bill could well have the same sort of thing.
Old 12-10-07, 07:30 PM   #4
philipMac

Old 12-10-07, 07:52 PM   #5
Miss Alpinestarhero

Thats odd, I didnt think the police force would even attempt to create a facebook group. But then one can argue "why shouldnt they?" and rightly so - some companies (media ones in particular) have jumped on the facebook wagon to recruit new people/advertise new jobs etc

Maria
Old 13-10-07, 11:09 PM   #6
Moffatt666

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigApe View Post
BT has a group also. For this you need to register using your unique BT serial number and register using your BT email address. A link is sent to your work email address and you have to follow that link to be accepted in the group. The 'ol Bill could well have the same sort of thing.
NB- Only works if your email address is a BT one, it doesn't work if you have an openreach one.
Old 14-10-07, 07:39 AM   #7
Kinvig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Alpinestarhero View Post
some companies (media ones in particular) have jumped on the facebook wagon to recruit new people/advertise new jobs etc

Maria
guilty as charged.

facebook, bebo, even second life...makes our clients think we're cutting edge as opposed to hanging on by the skin of our teeth (like every other company out there!)
Old 14-10-07, 08:09 AM   #8
Manguish

You don't even need to decieve them.....

Quote:
Group for all the officers, staff and anyone aspiring to join any of the UK Constabularies.
Old 14-10-07, 10:12 AM   #9
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moffatt666 View Post
NB- Only works if your email address is a BT one, it doesn't work if you have an openreach one.
Ah well your obviously not the "real" BT.
Old 14-10-07, 03:42 PM   #10
Moffatt666

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigApe View Post
Ah well your obviously not the "real" BT.
Shush, Retail boy