SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 27-08-07, 11:51 AM   #1
Tartan Terror

Unhappy Bike fell, smashed indicator, not happy

Need some help folks. To cut a long story short my bike was sitting on some grass when it was nudged from behind by a now ex-friend of mine, the stand went up, bike went down and smahed the front left indicator. There's no other damage but it's annoying none the less.

I've been in touch with suzuki who want to charge me £30 for a new indicator but I reckon I can get a new one cheaper. Anyone able to point me to a reputable source?

Also, I don't want to have to take the whole top fairing off to get at the bolts so is it possible to reach by taking off the black plastic panel underneath the front headlights?

Cheers

Laurie
Old 27-08-07, 02:43 PM   #2
muffles

Default Re: Bike fell, smashed indicator, not happy

You can get second hand ones pretty cheap from people who have changed theirs to mini indicators, I don't know about brand new (pattern part) though.
Old 27-08-07, 03:14 PM   #3
kwak zzr

ebay, they do fetch good money tho bout £10 sounds right.
Old 27-08-07, 04:59 PM   #4
toonyank

Here you go, assuming all pointy's are the same.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SUZUKI-SV650-L...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 27-08-07, 08:10 PM   #5
eano2

Does it matter whether the indicator is from the left or the right hand side? I thought that the only thing that mattered was whether it was from the front or the rear.
Just wondering because I posted previously looking for a front right indicator and still haven't had any luck.

thanks
Ian
Old 27-08-07, 08:25 PM   #6
Skyeblue

Hey mate, its a wee bit fiddly but definitely possible to change the indicator just taking of the wee black panel. I've done it myself!! I got standard suzuki parts rather than swop them both. You should have the right spanners etc with the wee tool kit they give you on the bike. Good luck!!
Old 27-08-07, 08:43 PM   #7
chakraist

Have you tried the people that are breaking their bikes on the site?
Old 28-08-07, 07:30 PM   #8
redlavachips

y not just buy brand new mini indicators for the same price and they look better

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/mini-indicator...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 28-08-07, 11:25 PM   #9
SV andy

yea...as redlavachips m8! i smashed mine, suz wanted £35 for new one...demon tweeks mini iridium £15 per pair...rears were bit fiddly, fron was no prob at all. cheap worthwhile mod, as e marked