SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Track Days Post up here about trackdays

Old 18-11-07, 12:49 PM   #31
Richie
fantabulas
Mega Poster

Default Re: Track day conflict.

Cheers for the insight of the trackdays.
Racedays for racing, and Track days for having fun and honning your riding skills...

ohh Pete, found this for you.... it's an Msoft Excell file , the guy Ben Johnson GP250 rider, came 11 in the
ACU Dunlop Tyres Motostar British 250 Championship
And he Didn't ride at Cadwell in the race he said he did.
maybe you want to post that on the DSC thread to show them that he's not a novis rider

Last edited by Richie; 18-11-07 at 12:53 PM.
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-07, 12:53 PM   #32
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie View Post
Cheers for the insight of the trackdays.
Racedays for racing, and Track days for having fun and honning your riding skills...

ohh Pete, found this for you.... the guy Ben Johnson GP250 rider, came 11 in the
ACU Dunlop Tyres Motostar British 250 Championship

maybe you want to post that on the DSC thread to show them that he's not a novis rider
Ok, so as I suspected the 250 sounds like he probably has more 'pedigree' that Mr Duke ... also if he is used to riding 250 at British level ... his idea of 'miles of room' will mean that you could actually get 2 fag papers between them, not the usual one!! - i.e. a very different 'room' classification to your normal person ...

It was still a bad call as it was on teh slowdown lap, but the plot thickens
Old 18-11-07, 07:50 PM   #33
philipMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_SV650S View Post
It was still a bad call as it was on teh slowdown lap, but the plot thickens

So... I still dont really get why everyone is making such a huge deal of the bikes being driven. From Mr Duc down.
It (still) seems very simple to me.
The lad on the 250, and I dont care if he was on a BMW 1150GS, or a TZR 125, drove his *bike* up the inside of some other lad;
1) getting too close according to the rules of the track,
2) overtaking on a last lap, again breaking the rules,
3) getting too close according to the rules of physics, and knocking that other lad off.

He screwed up.

I dont care if he is Valentino Rossi. He completely screwed up, not only did he screw up, he broke at least two rules. Not only did he break the rules that he agreed to to use the track, he knackered some other guys bike and hand in the process.

I totally fail to see what the Duc guy should learn from this.
All I see is that your man on the 250 is a d!ck.
Old 18-11-07, 08:11 PM   #34
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by philipMac View Post
I totally fail to see what the Duc guy should learn from this.
All I see is that your man on the 250 is a d!ck.
Er, I don't think anyone was suggesting that Mr Duke had anything to learn? i.e. no one has said he was in the 'wrong' (on the track) have they?? ...

From the comments I read, Mr Duke needs to wind his wallet driven ego back in a bit mind ...

We also all agree that Mr 250, not only made a judgement error on the day, but has failed to stand up to what happened ... all it needed was a "sorry dude, my bad, won't happen again - hope you get the bike and yourself fixed ok" .... and everyone would have been happy no???

Oh and totally different note:- why do you refer stuff done on a bike as 'driving'??? Should it not be riding??? ... for some reason it annoys me when people refer to stuff on a bike as driving ...
Old 18-11-07, 08:35 PM   #35
philipMac

Quote:
Er, I don't think anyone was suggesting that Mr Duke had anything to learn? i.e. no one has said he was in the 'wrong' (on the track) have they?? ...
Oh, I thought there was some suggestion that they can both move on from this event, better and wiser track people. Maybe that was my mistake.
I just think your man on the Duc was shafted, and has basically learned nothing.

Quote:
Oh and totally different note:- why do you refer stuff done on a bike as 'driving'??? Should it not be riding??? ... for some reason it annoys me when people refer to stuff on a bike as driving ...

Dunno.
At my heart I am a cyclist, and I tend to refer to cycling as riding, and motorcycling as driving, with the implication that there is an engine involved. Like, you ride horses, and bikes, and rapids, and... well, ahem, you get the idea.

And you drive cars, and tractors, and motor vehicles in general?
I would imagine if we all spoke German these sorts of issues would not arise. Very precise language .
Old 18-11-07, 11:12 PM   #36
weazelz

Quote:
We also all agree that Mr 250, not only made a judgement error on the day, but has failed to stand up to what happened ... all it needed was a "sorry dude, my bad, won't happen again - hope you get the bike and yourself fixed ok" .... and everyone would have been happy no???
no, I don't agree with that at all. I fail to see why someone can break the rules, cause damage to someone and/or that person's bike & get away with a lame-**** apology

in the same way that trackdayers [implicitly] accept a level of risk, they also [implicitly] accept the rules of the day & a duty of care to other participants

I would hazard a guess that if the injured party were to take legal action to recover the damages that they'd have a pretty good case
Old 19-11-07, 09:31 AM   #37
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by weazelz View Post
OMG!!

Let me just get this clear, if this had happened on a ‘normal’ lap, your viewpoint would be the same? If no, then disregard the below ....

Two bikes collided*, someone should ‘take the fall’??? (pardon the pun) and people should start sueing each other?? If so, that sort of attitude really concerns me!!

*for whatever reason, that is a proximity rule broken

Last edited by Blue_SV650S; 19-11-07 at 09:43 AM.
Old 19-11-07, 09:55 AM   #38
SV650Racer

FFS you lot. None of you were there and obviously no one here really knows what happens.

Neither do any of you know either person.

Sod the day you lot are on jury service..or that any of you do anything accidently.
Old 19-11-07, 10:21 AM   #39
weazelz

Quote:
OMG!!

Let me just get this clear, if this had happened on a ‘normal’ lap, your viewpoint would be the same? If no, then disregard the below ....
most probably not. if it had been a normal lap then, notwithstanding the rules on leaving suitable gaps, then I would classify it as an accident (& yes, I do absolutely believe that they exist) & within the accepted risk of the trackday

I think that knocking people off on the warmdown lap through [too-close] passing is pretty much inexcusable
Old 19-11-07, 10:26 AM   #40
lukemillar
Mega Poster

Quote:
OMG!!

Two bikes collided*, someone should ‘take the fall’??? (pardon the pun) and people should start sueing each other?? If so, that sort of attitude really concerns me!!

*for whatever reason, that is a proximity rule broken
Jeez, will you 2 get a room!
#24 - Honda VFR400R NC30
lukemillar is offline   Reply With Quote