SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 16-03-09, 05:24 PM   #1
londonlady

Default Tom Gaden

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/h...334/html/1.stm

Anyone go to this?

Also over the past few days I've noticed quite a few motorcyclist fatalities scattered about the country on the news (one in plymouth i do believe)..im no a biker myself (as a few of u may know,signed up to give an opinion on something n just generally interested in the convo's on here, so have carried on posting random bits) but just wanted to say be careful everyone!

I actually had a good family friend die in a motorcycle accident a couple of years ago, leaving 2 young kids and his wife behind. he was very passionate about biking, and had been riding for years, but these accidents do just happen i guess, no matter how careful/safe you try to be.
Old 16-03-09, 05:31 PM   #2
Lissa
Just Ballast
Mega Poster

Default Re: Tom Gaden

No, didn't go, although the family's plea for bikers to attend was posted on here and another site we use.

We lost our oldest biking mate just over a year ago. You can see the thread of pics here if you wish.

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=104906

Everyone who rides a bike knows the risks. You do the best you can to minimise them, but you can't plan for every eventuality.

I'd Rather Have Two Big Bangs Than Four Little Strokes
Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-09, 05:38 PM   #3
londonlady

Default Re: Tom Gaden

wow..thats rather impressive, it must have been great for his family to have so many people who loved doin what he did turn up to show there support.

I appreciate people who ride know the risks, and i suppose Tom Gaden new the risks when he was sent to Helmand, so in a way he did die doing something he loved, just like a biker would if the worse happened.