SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 15-08-05, 06:37 PM   #1
Bryn

Default More problems :(

Some of you may have read my other topic http://forums.sv650.org/viewtopic.php?t=28164

Anyway, today on my way to work i looked down at the idiot lights when i was indicating and it was flashing very fast so i had a look and the back right indicator wasnt working and the front was flashing really fast, so i just put it down to a blown bulb and thought i'd get one tomorrow, on the way home tho, it was working perfectly! Just been out and have been fiddling with wires in the underseat storage and nothing seemed lose and the indicators are working perfectly aswell so i presume i just have a lose connection somewhere

My bike has twin high level renegades and it has been doing a fair few little backfires so i thought i would have a feel around for air leaks and i found a big f**king hole in the bottom of one of my cans I feel like a tool for actually missing this when i was looking over the bike before i got it! I presume there is no way to fix this cos it is quiet big. So any ideas? Do i have to get one new can or is there any way around it?

Cheers
Old 15-08-05, 06:49 PM   #2
embee
Mega Poster

The indicator thing might well be corrosion in the bulb holder inside the indicator itself. It's quite common.

Take the lens off (a screw) and clean up if necessary.
embee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-05, 07:28 PM   #3
northwind
Mega Poster

With the Rene, I take it it's the sleeve of the can that's burned through? Carbons? Jorge'll replace the sleeve for you I'm sure- it's a pretty simple job- but if one's burned through the other will be on its way, you'll want to repack them both too...
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-05, 09:45 PM   #4
Bryn

Thanks for the advice lads, i will keep an eye on teh indicator and take the lens off and clean the thing up when i get a chance.

Northwind, yeah its the carbon sleeve that's burned through. I cant believe i missed it when i was looking over the bike before buying it . Who are Jorge?! How much does it normally cost to get the sleeve replaced and get them repackaged?
Old 15-08-05, 10:08 PM   #5
northwind
Mega Poster

Jorge is Renegade, more or less Phone 'em up and ask what it'll set you back for the sleeve. They probably sell the packing material as well. Not sure how Renes are put together though, you'd need to ask someone who's worked with them (Viney'll know) but repacking most cans is pretty straightforward.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-05, 11:14 PM   #6
Muttley

Just to clarify Jorge is the guy behind Renegade.

Try looking here for contact details.

Very friendly peeps.
Old 17-08-05, 03:04 PM   #7
Bryn

Quote:
Originally Posted by embee
The indicator thing might well be corrosion in the bulb holder inside the indicator itself. It's quite common.

Take the lens off (a screw) and clean up if necessary.
Is there a nack to getting the lens off? I took out the screw last night but it wouldn't budge! I didn't want to force it in case i broke it! Tried with one of the front indicators and its the same