SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 31-05-06, 04:16 PM   #1
Lissa
Just Ballast
Mega Poster

Default What Do You Watch....

On TV?

Just wondered, because following a conversation at work today, I am, apparently, 'wierd'

Why?

Because I loathe soaps, and absolutely detest 'reality' tv.

In fact, I don't watch much telly at all. Football, bike racing, The Simpsons , the occasional film, and I do love a well made drama series, but most of the time I will be browsing the net and/or reading.

So how much tv do you watch? What programmes do you really love, and what makes you dive for the remote to change the channel?

I'd Rather Have Two Big Bangs Than Four Little Strokes
Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-06, 04:18 PM   #2
Jabba

Never watch "soaps".

However, I do like C5 on Thursday evenings....... House, then Grey's Anatomy followed by Suburban Shootout
Old 31-05-06, 04:22 PM   #3
Viney
Mega Poster

I used to watch a lot of tv, anything and everything. Nowadays, i dont watch that much in comparrison. Like you Lissa, i loathe reality tv, 90% of sport - Will watch tennis, snooker motorsports if its on, watch the occasional soap, again, if i happen to be in fornt of the TV eating!, other than that, top gear, 5th gear, CSI occasionaly and thats it. I do like property programmes, Location and grand designs are my favs, and that one with Sarah Beenie.
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-06, 04:22 PM   #4
SpankyHam

In no Particular Order:

Prison Break
South Park
Family Guy
American Dad
Simpsons
2&1/2 Men
Lost
Alias
CSI
Nip/Tuck
House
Old 31-05-06, 04:28 PM   #5
BabyJ

I have to admit I watch a soap.... Eastenders being it!

I do also watch ER on E4, Holby & Casualty. Simpsons is Classic!

I also like watching crime series... Spooks, Waking the Dead, Silent Witness anything like that.

I too can't stand reality programmes... Big Brother is just ridiculous!
Celebrity anything is a NO NO! Although they might be good if they actually got some Celebrities!

Apart from that not much.

I wouldn't say you were weird Lissa, you like what you like. Nothing wrong with that.
Old 31-05-06, 04:29 PM   #6
northwind
Mega Poster

Lost is pretty much the only thing I'm following live... I watch a few series but on DVD- the West Wing at the moment, 6 Feet Under too, and I reckon I'll pick up the first series of House when I'm done with those. I'm not much good at following a whole series on TV, so it's easier to just get the boxes. I like 24, but I don't want to get drawn into 4 massive series of it.

My mum and dad think I spend too much time on the internet, they'd far rather I watched more TV like a normal person.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-06, 04:30 PM   #7
Samnooshka

Default Re: What Do You Watch....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissa
On TV?

Just wondered, because following a conversation at work today, I am, apparently, 'wierd'

Why?

Because I loathe soaps, and absolutely detest 'reality' tv.

In fact, I don't watch much telly at all. Football, bike racing, The Simpsons , the occasional film, and I do love a well made drama series, but most of the time I will be browsing the net and/or reading.

So how much tv do you watch? What programmes do you really love, and what makes you dive for the remote to change the channel?
Aww hun, you're not wierd,
I hate soaps, reality tv (big brother and all that ****), Like dramas like CSI and House, Love the simpsons and futurama. Sport is a must see on T.V especially Rugby and the bikes. Football i can take it or leave it depending who's playing. Oh and Top Gear, have to watch Top Gear its like the Law or something!!!

The main things that would make me rush for the remote are probably any type of chavvy chat show, and Jade Goody or however you spell that overpaid chav's name

Sammy
Old 31-05-06, 05:12 PM   #8
Tara

Sport of all kinds except golf
Old 31-05-06, 05:16 PM   #9
falc

CSI Viney, good man

Dont watch much but stuff like Top gear is a must and films generally
Old 31-05-06, 05:55 PM   #10
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

I watch very little TV these days.It's a bit of an extravagance paying the license fee for what I watch,they have dumbed it down so much.
Sad truth is the more choice there is the worse the quality gets.Does this apparent contradiction apply to other areas of our lives I wonder?