Default Re: AR10 Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by leedsmatt7 View Post
I see my point has already been covered

MrT's 2p is priceless.
18th September deadline for anyone to show intention of a proposal
23rd October deadline for proposals to be shown
with
1-31st October a poll running for dates when the event will be held. (extended a week beyond the end of the venue poll to allow people to vote whos date preference depends on venue)

Then November onwards is free for the organisers to book/arrange everything they need. eg some porta potties
Better vote for us then.....no need for porta potties.....lol
Old 03-09-09, 11:23 AM   #102
hovis

Quote:

I could say I want to arrange AR10, which then means you've all got to wait until I've done a proposal which could be 6weeks or soemthing by which time I might think ahhh F'it and change my mind, means you've been held up 6 weeks.

the phase "time waster" would spring to mind,

Quote:
I see my point has already been covered

MrT's 2p is priceless.
18th September deadline for anyone to show intention of a proposal
23rd October deadline for proposals to be shown
with
1-31st October a poll running for dates when the event will be held. (extended a week beyond the end of the venue poll to allow people to vote whos date preference depends on venue)
seems fair
Old 03-09-09, 11:28 AM   #103
Owenski

Quote:
Originally Posted by hovis View Post
the phase "time waster" would spring to mind,

Really? I'd have gone with something much harsher
****** ***** **** ******** **** **** any of those plus variables. But it doesnt mean someone cant offer to do one with good intention but then have to withdraw due to unforeseen reasons. But ever well intentioned it'd still hold you up fella.
Old 03-09-09, 12:01 PM   #104
keith_d
Mega Poster

AR09 was my first one, and I enjoyed the massive group ride. The pace was good for newbies like me, so I can see how some of the more experienced riders might have found it a bit slow. But with such a big group it's the only workable option.

If people want a faster ride I'd suggest planning an optional ride for the Sunday. My thoughts are:

a) Use as much as possible of the Saturday route, but in the opposite direction
b) Groups of 6-8 riders set out at 10 minute intervals
c) Each group can request one of the markers to lead them or just follow the map

This limits the amount of route planning but should still be interesting. What was a twisting ascent on Saturday would become a tricky descent on Sunday. It would also allow the markers to get a days riding if they fancy it.

Just my (newbie) thoughts,

Keith
keith_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-09, 12:02 PM   #105
carty

Why bother waiting? Hovis / GG clearly want to organise it, have already gone to the trouble of securing a venue for three possible dates that has everything required to make it a belter. There is a great riding route already thought out that caters for all abilities. It's a no-brainer.

Anyone else who would seriously be interested in organising naything would know about or have seen the proposal thread by now - just declare it done I say.

Old 03-09-09, 12:08 PM   #106
timwilky
Mega Poster

This seems to be an excellent location/venue. A pucker hotel where I can rest my weary bones with proper facilities and you lot + Hovis nearby to drink beer with. What more could an old fart like me want.
Old 03-09-09, 12:09 PM   #107
Owenski

Quote:
Originally Posted by carty View Post
Why bother waiting? Hovis / GG clearly want to organise it, have already gone to the trouble of securing a venue for three possible dates that has everything required to make it a belter. There is a great riding route already thought out that caters for all abilities. It's a no-brainer.

Anyone else who would seriously be interested in organising naything would know about or have seen the proposal thread by now - just declare it done I say.

not everyone views the org daily. As done as the deal seems, someone WILL complain if its done and done before everyone had a reasonable chance of knowing about it.
Old 03-09-09, 12:10 PM   #108
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith_d View Post
AR09 was my first one, and I enjoyed the massive group ride. The pace was good for newbies like me, so I can see how some of the more experienced riders might have found it a bit slow. But with such a big group it's the only workable option.

If people want a faster ride I'd suggest planning an optional ride for the Sunday. My thoughts are:

a) Use as much as possible of the Saturday route, but in the opposite direction
b) Groups of 6-8 riders set out at 10 minute intervals
c) Each group can request one of the markers to lead them or just follow the map

This limits the amount of route planning but should still be interesting. What was a twisting ascent on Saturday would become a tricky descent on Sunday. It would also allow the markers to get a days riding if they fancy it.

Just my (newbie) thoughts,

Keith
I've mentioned a Sunday rideout myself as well, but I don't think a Sunday ride out should be organised with markers etc. That's what the Saturday is for......the Sunday, if it were to happen should, IMO be an opportunity for people to ride however they wish, follow the route at their own pace and look after themselves. Hovis could easily have maps done for people.....but as it would be his to organise.......lets see what he thinks!
Old 03-09-09, 12:11 PM   #109
Sosha

Quote:
Originally Posted by carty View Post

TBH If he's got a decent group prepared to help out I agree. Looks a sound idea.

Quote:
not everyone views the org daily. As done as the deal seems, someone WILL complain if its done and done before everyone had a reasonable chance of knowing about it.
tbh whatever happends someone's bound to complain - there's no way any venue will suit everybody.

Last edited by Sosha; 03-09-09 at 12:14 PM.
Old 03-09-09, 12:14 PM   #110
hovis

TBH most peeps are too hung over or are going home on the sunday

supervox lead a rideout on the sunday and it was good, i think there was about 10

but, i will not be drinking friday*, as i dont want a hangover for saturday,

so i will be getting ****ed saturday, thus not sure about leading a sunday ride out

*yup im shocked as well