SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 21-02-09, 05:05 PM   #1
Jay-ninja

Default Im new here

Hi All,

I just thought I'd say Hi to all you v-twin lovers.

I made the mistake of selling my Tuono and buying a 900 Hornet - Nice as it was it just wasn't a twin.

So it's gone and I'm now trying to decide what to get next. I've been riding for over 20 years and owned an curvy SV650 previously. I quite like the idea of another 650 although I've been riding big twins (Firestorm/Tuono) and not sure of the 650 will be a little underpowered.

Anyone who has an opinion I'm happy to listen.

In the meantime, it's nice to be here. Hoping when I get sorted I'll be able to join you guys on a ride out.

J
Old 21-02-09, 05:15 PM   #2
Spokey

Default Re: Im new here

Best thing you can do is sort yourself out a couple of test rides on each.

I had a hornet 600 - that thing was like the old CBR I had - didn't start to go until you hit double figures on the rev counter - the SV's are a lot more torquey low down - they are very deceptive too - you think you are bimbling along, look down and you're doing 70 ! But the Hornet was quite a bit more unwieldy feeling - because the SV is quite slim they feel lighter and more managable somehow.

You get a nicely sorted naked and I think the 650 would be fine ( especially as they don't do a naked 1000 ) - but I haven't been on a 1000cc version, so they may be more what you are looking for but the only way to know is to try both . Both will loose you your license very quickly though if you don't exercise restraint of the right hand ...

Spokey
Old 21-02-09, 07:34 PM   #3
tanis34

ello and welcome from the midlands
Old 21-02-09, 07:46 PM   #4
zsv650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokey View Post
Best thing you can do is sort yourself out a couple of test rides on each.

I had a hornet 600 - that thing was like the old CBR I had - didn't start to go until you hit double figures on the rev counter - the SV's are a lot more torquey low down - they are very deceptive too - you think you are bimbling along, look down and you're doing 70 ! But the Hornet was quite a bit more unwieldy feeling - because the SV is quite slim they feel lighter and more managable somehow.

You get a nicely sorted naked and I think the 650 would be fine ( especially as they don't do a naked 1000 ) - but I haven't been on a 1000cc version, so they may be more what you are looking for but the only way to know is to try both . Both will loose you your license very quickly though if you don't exercise restraint of the right hand ...

Spokey
they did do a naked 1000 sv was called the sv classic and was a special edition to see the 1000 off looked ace too
Old 21-02-09, 07:47 PM   #5
Jay-ninja

Hey Spokey,

Not sure I'm with you when you say they don't do a 1000 naked. i'm currently looking at this baby;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=260352130229

Looks pretty naked to me.
Old 21-02-09, 07:48 PM   #6
Gene genie

reeto.
Old 21-02-09, 08:00 PM   #7
Spokey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-ninja View Post
Hey Spokey,

Not sure I'm with you when you say they don't do a 1000 naked. i'm currently looking at this baby;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=260352130229

Looks pretty naked to me.
Kin' ell .... never knew they did one - that's gorgeous ( well could be with the right extras ) - don't look ... buy ! ( or someone will beat you to it again )

here's another one with the straight bar mod ....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2003-SUZUKI-SV...3A1|240%3A1318

Spokey

Last edited by Spokey; 21-02-09 at 08:16 PM.
Old 21-02-09, 08:11 PM   #8
anna
Mega Poster

hello and welcome to the madhouse
anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-09, 10:09 PM   #9
Stingo

Yeah - welcome.
Old 22-02-09, 08:52 AM   #10
Tiger 55