SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 25-10-07, 05:21 PM   #1
Courty

Default Helmet hook under pillion seat

I have a K6 650s along with a Avg helmet with the seatbelt type lock instead of the D ring type. The problem i have is the hock on the inside of the bike is to large for me to get the helmet hocked on, has anyone any idea's to a way i can chnage this to allow me to hock the helmet on... ?
Old 25-10-07, 06:10 PM   #2
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Default Re: Helmet hock under pillion seat

I had a Shoei with a Seat belt clip, it had a metal D ring on the strap for using with the hooks, has your AGV not got one ?

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-07, 07:22 PM   #3
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

What about the hole in the middle of the male part of the seatbelt clip?

If it is anything like my caberg, but that has a D ring on the other side as well.
Old 27-10-07, 02:55 AM   #4
phil24_7
Mega Poster

My girlfriends is like this and I find you can attatch it to the hock(?).

Where the adjustable part of the strap is, you need to poke the hock in between the 2 parts of the strap, can be a b1tch to begin with but you get used to it!

Alernatively, buy one of the einforced helmet bags and attatch this to the hock (or lock it to the bike).

I'm not here for a long time, I'm here for a good time!

Blue SV650 K3, GSX-R K5 front end, TL1000S clip-ons, lower fairings, seat cowl, gel seat, Pyramid undertray, R&G crash bungs, stainless steel bar ends, full titanium Akrapovic exhaust, Power Commander, clear rear light, flush mount front indys, mini rear indys, Autocom 300 duo intercom, Acumen cat 1 alarm and Micheline Pilot Power 2ct's.
phil24_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-07, 08:42 AM   #5
Lissa
Just Ballast
Mega Poster

We never use the helmet lock, for several reasons. In a bike park people do have a habit of parking as close as they can, very easy for your helmet to end up chipped or scratched. Then there's the 'yob' factor. A helmet, to some oiks, makes a perfect toilet, not to mention it would be so simple to just cut the strap if they felt so inclined. You would then be well and truly f*ck*d if you were miles from home with no way of getting a replacement.

I'd Rather Have Two Big Bangs Than Four Little Strokes
Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-07, 12:34 PM   #6
phil24_7
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
We never use the helmet lock, for several reasons. In a bike park people do have a habit of parking as close as they can, very easy for your helmet to end up chipped or scratched. Then there's the 'yob' factor. A helmet, to some oiks, makes a perfect toilet, not to mention it would be so simple to just cut the strap if they felt so inclined. You would then be well and truly f*ck*d if you were miles from home with no way of getting a replacement.
+1 on this, rarely use the helmet hooks for these reasons!

I'm not here for a long time, I'm here for a good time!

Blue SV650 K3, GSX-R K5 front end, TL1000S clip-ons, lower fairings, seat cowl, gel seat, Pyramid undertray, R&G crash bungs, stainless steel bar ends, full titanium Akrapovic exhaust, Power Commander, clear rear light, flush mount front indys, mini rear indys, Autocom 300 duo intercom, Acumen cat 1 alarm and Micheline Pilot Power 2ct's.
phil24_7 is offline   Reply With Quote