SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 07-08-11, 07:02 PM   #51
T-Man

Default Re: That Filtering & Insurance Letter.

Just seen this.

Had the exact thing happen to me before christmas.
Glad i didnt have to use that stuff as he admitted liability. Wasnt nice seeing my bike on the floor underneath a car
Old 09-03-12, 09:26 PM   #52
geordie monkey

Have also just seen this.

Something similar happened to me in 2008.

Pillock driving the car decided to take a short cut on Bury new road near strangeways in manchester.

He tried to claim he'd indicated, then told the copper that his girlfriend was driving. Turned out he wasn't insured to drive her car.

After getting my costs back, as it turned my poor little RXS 100 into a cat c write off, the sod tried to claim for personal injury, and had my no claims bonus held up until november 2011, despite the fact that when it got to a pre court hearing his ambulance chasers crapped themselves after seeing two independant witness statements.

The irony was this guy was training to be a solicitor, so my accident got him banned from driving, and because of the Law Society rules on prior convictions, I don't think he'll be able to practice law either.

Wish i'd seen the case law precedent then, could have saved me an awful lot of grief.
Old 11-04-12, 06:34 PM   #53
Jeffers7

I'll certainly be sending this off to BLD tomorrow with some slight amendments. I was filtering (20mph) in between 2 lanes of traffic going in the same direction and a taxi driver to my left decided to change lanes without no indication, mirror use etc and just totally wiped me out. As I have third party insurance, BLD are pursuing my case for me and are having difficulties in getting the third parties insurers to admit liability even though the driver admitted liability on the phone to me!!

Bike is a Cat C write off so I'll be losing money if BLD fail to secure 100% liability from other insurers.

Fingers Crossed
Old 07-08-12, 12:55 AM   #54
lordra

SO many accidents!??!!!
I just got my first big bike, have only been involved in 2 accidents so far, over 6 years, but there were both on little 125s.
Fingers Crossed this never happens to me!
Old 24-09-12, 08:08 PM   #55
pie_master

Cheers for the template - most appreciated but fingers crossed I never need it!
Old 09-12-12, 12:46 AM   #56
LMThompson

brilliant, now to edit this accordingly. ta very much!
Old 17-02-13, 07:02 PM   #57
ehhsee

Very helpful indeed.
Thanks very much.
Old 30-05-14, 02:00 PM   #58
Mark-SV-UK

Thanks I may need this as happened to me last week bike is a mess and im covered in bruises
Old 10-06-14, 10:35 AM   #59
ejsv650s

Just copied your letter and updated it with the new version of the highway code. Thank you very much, it makes a huge difference in trying to put together a coherent argument! Legend!