SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 26-03-07, 10:48 AM   #1
DanDare

Default Virgin Media Problems???

Anyone else having problems with Virgin Media.

Since they took over NTL, I have had nothing but problems.
I cannot access my mail as it keeps refreshing to the login screen.

I cannot contact them as theres no flamin number only a mail facility........like thats gonna help.

My digi box keeps stuttering and freezing, though this might be the age of it, I'm not sure.

Anyone else suffering similar probs??????????
Old 26-03-07, 11:09 AM   #2

Default Re: Virgin Media Problems???

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanDare View Post
Anyone else having problems with Virgin Media.

Since they took over NTL, I have had nothing but problems.
I cannot access my mail as it keeps refreshing to the login screen.

I cannot contact them as theres no flamin number only a mail facility........like thats gonna help.

My digi box keeps stuttering and freezing, though this might be the age of it, I'm not sure.

Anyone else suffering similar probs??????????

there crap i have never had such serious problems as i have with NTL & Virgin..

ho hum im ditching them on the get out before the end of march clause cause we ditched ur favourite channels!!

yea!!
Old 26-03-07, 11:28 AM   #3
gettin2dizzy

where was that clause? i might do the same
Old 26-03-07, 11:35 AM   #4
K

Because of the whole Sky thing they are not holding customers to the full length of their contracts - but I think you have to contact them to cancel by the end of March.
that said - I phoned them just to query why their Virgin Central Channel wasn't working (there was an area fault that they sorted within the day) and got a pretty good response, discounts etc from them with barely a prompt.

I've found that the customer service from Virgin (as opposed to NTL - which let's face it couldn't have got any worse) to be on top form.

If you ring their main number you can get through to someone who specifically deals with thier internet service, or TV etc.
Old 26-03-07, 11:36 AM   #5
Jabba

Just to add a little balance, I never had anything other than great service from ntl over about 10 years.

Too early to say about Virgin Media.........but we did phone them last week and they offered us a number of deals on our exisiting package, including £6pm off our two £18pm broadband connections for 6 months, free evening and weekend telephone calls for a month and £3.95 thereafter and they knocked a few £s off the TV package too.

I'll test their service this evening when I tell them that one of our two digi-boxes is fubar.
Old 26-03-07, 11:42 AM   #6
Viney
Mega Poster

My Virgin.net speed has dropped 500KB since they went to VM. I have been with them for 4 years, and to date never had any trouble at all.
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-07, 04:55 PM   #7
timwilky
Mega Poster

Having already gone upto 20Mb with VM I now got a nice letter today to say they are increasing my monthly cost to £37. Nice not.

The 20Mb is actually about 16Mb, but nice to now have 760Kb upload. However, after 4pm and weekends I am lucky to get 2Mb. The internet in the UK is too congested and the pipe owners need to spend money. I get better speed test results out of amsterdam than I do london.

Telephone customer support is crap the legacy of NTHell. However for good cusomer support use the blueyonder.support.access.hi-speed newsgroup. Dont worry about in being blueyonder it is the support for all the VM empire and their are some good techies manning it.
Old 26-03-07, 05:26 PM   #8
thumper21

I got VM for TV, internet and phone calls, never had any problems with them and my email is working fine. When I called them about cancelling so I could get sky fitted they cut my monthly phone bill in half so I would stay with them
Old 26-03-07, 06:02 PM   #9
kitkat

my phone line is not working and I phoned on saturday night. cant get an engineer out until wednesday. with telewest I usually got an engineer out within 36 hours.

but im getting free internet just now. phoned telewest about xmas saying i couldnt afford it any more and she gave me it free for 6 months to see if finances improve. if finances improve i just phone them and they start charging, if not they remove the service and if I want it back have to pay a connection fee. lovely people.
Old 26-03-07, 07:17 PM   #10
mattSV
Mega Poster

I phone them to 'see if I am on the best package for me' - got upgraded to XL TV & 4 mb broadband at no extra charge, which was nice
2013 - 2016 Triumph Explorer 1200
2016 - Ducati Multistrada DVT S
mattSV is offline   Reply With Quote