SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 20-02-05, 08:21 PM   #11
Viney
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos19679
Cheers viney that gives great confidence in buying one not
Well everyone always raves on about things, and no one ever has a negative opinion on this site, so thought id offer my negatove view
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-05, 08:27 PM   #12
carlos19679

I like mate very good
Old 20-02-05, 09:23 PM   #13
snoopy

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudnuts
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewcharnley
Got mine for £55 as new of ebay (local pickup). RRP (see suzuki site is £9 but some place charge £120.
So you were the one i was bidding against
If you manage to sell your bike i'll give you the price you paid for it.

spudnuts.
I didn't tell anyone, she didn't advertise it well did she! There was only me and you bidding on it. Shame I could have had it for less. If I sell the bike you can 'ave it.

The SVs is designed to give chronic backache.The gel-seat only helps a tinnny bit. It stops **** feeling like that day you invited a big black man around for tea and scones and things went a bit further then they should have...
Old 20-02-05, 09:29 PM   #14
chris SVK3

Just out intrest why does the big man have to be black
Old 21-02-05, 12:48 PM   #15
carlos19679

Well heres a little info from Suzuki
Can't beleave it Suzuki have STOPPED making the GEL seat for sv650s 99 - 02 well pi*sed off
Old 21-02-05, 01:11 PM   #16
snoopy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris SVK3
Just out intrest why does the big man have to be black
Because I'm racist of course

Carlos, it was only a matter of time. The curvy SV is considered old by todays fuel-injected standards. The bike first appeared in the 400cc variant back in 1995!
Old 21-02-05, 02:00 PM   #17
embee
Mega Poster

My mate and I have SK1's.

He had his seat done by http://www.motorbike-seats.co.uk/ in Coventry. They're a father and son outfit, decent folk, and they do know about bike seats. Talk to them and they'll do exactly what you want, true custom.

Mate had his lowered slightly (top surface is now curved instead of flat), a gel pad fitted, and a new basket-weave cover. It's well done but rather expensive for what you get (£90 odd).

I did mine myself, followed the same shape as my mate's, but without the gel. It's way way better than before, and I'd recommend the re-shaping route will probably give you 90% of the benefit without having to go to a gel pad. It's perfectly do-able as DIY if you're that way inclined, all you really need is a decent staple gun (Arrow or similar, around £15 or 20) to refit the cover.
embee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-05, 02:11 PM   #18
dirtydog
Knob faced knobster
Mega Poster

been on an sv with a gel seat (didnt do any real distance) and i must say i prefer my normal seat to the gel one. well thats what i think anyway
They say they dont make em any more? ive got a 2004/5 suzuki accsserories catalogue and theyre listed selling at £98
dirtydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-05, 03:46 PM   #19
northwind
Mega Poster

Think there's still US stock, I got one from a shop is Wisconsin for $75 last year I find mine very comfy, but it soaks up rain like a sponge, and it's slidy in my leathers, so I'm planning to get it re-covered.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-05, 12:23 AM   #20
drumwrecker

There was a stand at the Alley Palley show who would convert your existing saddle. They took the cover off and cut away the top layer of foam replacing it with gel and recovered. The gell was about half inch thick. He said it doesn't necessarily make it more comfortable but absorbes the vibrations that give a numb bum. But then the SV being a 90 degree V twin doesn't vibrate so a gell seat may well be a waste of money.